72 hours and counting...

CA2OR

I have been a pack a day or more smoker for almost 20 years....I have tried the patch, gums, losenges, and pretty much everything else and finally I found something that is working....it has been 72 hours since I had a cigarette and I am feeling good....how do you ask....a product called the "Fifty One". I have to quit....I have a 15 month old who steals my heart every single day and we are expecting our second on July 16th. I want to be around.

The "Fifty One" is a E-cigarette....what you see or exhale as smoke is actually 99.9% water vapor...the other .01% is nicotine and flavoring. It gives me the nicotine "fix" and allows the smoking action to be performed without incurring the damage from actually smoking. It is said to be a thousand times better for you than smoking. And what's better? I can do it ANYWHERE as it complies with all no smoking laws...you are NOT smoking.

The nicotine is dispensed from the filter side of the device which you can swap out with different flavors and nicotine levels....I got the 12mg but they have lower by 2's all the way to zero and I believe higher as well. And yes a 0 is supposedly 0 nicotine. I don't know how true all that is or what the long terms results will turn out as I am only 72 hours in....but it is looking pretty good.

Anyway I can go on and on about this but this isn't an informercial...just wanted to let any smokers out there aspiring to quit but having the difficulties I was that there is hope.

Sent from my Droid

Eric

I was a 2 pack a day smoker for 27 years. I thought I had a heart attack 13 years ago & while I was in the hospital getting a stress test the Cardiologist came in and just let me have it with both barrels. He literally was screaming & yelling at me about my Mom dying of a Heart Attack my Dad having Emphysema & I was going to die next. I told him "shut this thing off & I'll never smoke again" he did & I haven't. I will not lie it's the hardest thing I've ever done.It's also the most rewarding thing I've ever done(next to raising a family) GOOD LUCK! If you want to do it you can.You have to be ready to commit 100%.

The rewards are soooo worth it! Besides how can you tell your kids not to smoke if your standing there with a smoke in your hand?;)

• Like 1

They say the first 120 hours are the hardest. I've quit several times, but always seem to come back to it LOL When you're jobless and the stress is piling up, it's a great stress reliever, to me at least, and the sad thing is, I enjoy it LOL I'll quit when I'm ready to again, but right now, I'm just not ready.

I quit smoking almost 10 years ago. I am glad to see that you are trying Eric. Here is something that helped me:

Take a shirt that smells of cigarettes and put it in a sealable bag. Every time you get the urge to smoke, open that bag and take a big whiff. That is what a smoker smells like all day, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It really helped me when I quit. Get plenty of plastic straws and chew on them, that helped also. Drink lots of water and other fluids. Those all helped me. You can always call me for support if you want.

Re: 72 hours and counting...

Thank you all for the encouragement....it seems to be working. I am sitting in St V's because we think my wifes water broke about an hour ago and I still have yet to have a cig.

I found this site to be extremely helpful with a lot of info on different ones and their pro' and con's

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/register.php?a=act&u=38907&i=6cf951a6bc07e762bfc55be0ac5cff8f4fd86ea6

Or

Www.e-cigarette-forum.com

I got mine at a smoke shop in Beaverton off of walker and ceaderhills....and mine doesn't need the juice...you buy filters that have the juice in them...along with the infuser...I really like it

Sent from my Droid

So....its been what 10 days now and still no cig's....I think this thing is working well for me.

Sent from my Droid

Are you decreasing your nicotine dose yet?

Congrats are still in order... How about that new frag? Is he here yet? (been out of town for a week)

dsoz

Last year my mother in law Diana moved in with us. She was suffering from Terminal cancer. Getting to actually see what cancer looks like . . . I haven't smoked since, and for the first time, I haven't even had a craving since. Been over a year.

It is worth it in the long run, although it can be hard, just keep it up.

Just got my green smoke in the mail today. Thanks Eric for the inspiration. I really dont see a reason to smoke cigarrettes with this e-cig. Works great. About 8 hours and counting!

Dennis

PS: About a pack or a couple more a day for 26 years. May have just come to an end today!

Nice....I hear great stuff about the one's that need fluid....but I also hear they break all the time....something about the atomizer or something...itomizer...I dunno...anyway. But on ours that piece is replaced everytime you swap the filter....thingy's....keep me posted.

Well, after smoking on this thing for a while and trying all the different samples, I have arrived at a conclusion; the green smoke cartridges taste like $ht!!!! Hmm....gotta find something else. They all have a....air freshener type smell/taste. I dont know, kind of too aromatic. Hard to describe but...they don't taste very good.

Dennis