75 gallon Reef Fishing...

NoobtoSalt

So I was hoping to catch my Clarkii's and put them in my son's tank today but that was not on their agenda....

I would like to get some black and white clowns in my main tank and will need to get these guys out of there at some point in time anyways to add the others.

I remember someone on here had a pop bottle trap at some point in time. Or if you have a trap I could borrow and can help me with it. If it was you can you show me the thread for it? Couldn't seem to find it.

Thanks!

Clowns right....I used a fake anemone in a breeder net sideways....they start hosting and I snatch net off bottom with clowns and fake anemone

Sent from my Droid

They won't even host the anenome I have in the tank as it is.. doubt these guys would host a fake one but who knows..

I fed the tank a couple of hours ago and I'm not the best at trying to copy the pop bottle trap so I think I'm going to hold off tonight and maybe in the morning before my lights turn on I will try and net them. They've had a lot going on in the tank today as it is so maybe they will get a little less stressed if I give them some space. Funny thing is that the Foxface remembered me trying to catch it a couple months ago and it was freaking out when I put the nets in the tank. As much as I'd like it out of the tank he wasn't even the one I was going for..

I've always had good luck at feeding time. The glass box traps work great too' date=' sometimes it takes a bit for them to get used to it though. If all else fails, just drain the tank![/quote']

I think I'm going to see if anyone has an actual trap I can borrow and see if that works or not. I will probably catch some of the wrong fish but it's worth a try.

Worst case scenario I might just drain the tank like you suggested as well.

Thanks!

Foxface caught and sold. Didn't want the coral beauty in the nano tank but its caught and in the nano. One clown was caught in the trap this evening. my lights shut off just a little bit ago and I figured I'd stick a net in and try for the other clown and it was like it swam into the net this time.. Thanks for all the help! Four fish less in the 75. Now I can start looking into a pair of black and whites.