RO/DI question

mister crabs

anyone here use a RO/DI for thier sink in the kitchen so that not only do they get good water for thier tank but great drinking water too? Our tap water tastes very much like chlorine here and thinking about mounting a unit on wall under kitchen sink. anyone tried this? how big of a unit do i need to get? is it possible to get ro-di "on demand" like that without a holding tank? any info or links would be greatly appreciated. Im getting tired of filling the water filter pitcher to drink out of! LOL (laugh)

I use a ro/di unit similar to the one your looking at. I have it under my sink with the 5 gallon holding tank near by under cabinets. I have the water dispenser in the sink in place of the soap dispenser hole. With the holding tank holding 5 gallons of water, its plenty for drinking and cooking, plus I use a pitcher to take water to the 10 gallon for evaporation. I also have a line ran through the attic and coming out of outlet made for it for my large tank. Used to be hooked up to a float valve, but the stupid valve sprung a leak I didnt know about for a couple of days. I now just have a shut off valve I open when I want to replace evaporated water, risky though, I forgot I had it open once. When I want to do a water change, I bring in a plastic drum and set it right by the tank. I put in the water line and secure it. The next morning I will have enough water for a change.

One day I would like to get a new float valve to auto fill my evaporated water. But it will need to be able to be used with a glass tank. (Im using a 20L for my sump) No drilling involved.

Tammy

• 2 weeks later...