SPS and T5s

kendaroo

I guess it's LED's for us, then.(whistle)

Gillian

I actually was going to try the LED route before I bought my newest MH yesterday, it was the comment I heard from a store owner that everyone she new that went LED came back to..yes, MH-;)

Good luck in the search for the "holy grail" in "perfect" lighting-it too may not exist

Well its better than a FISH killer-(whistle)

its ok, i can take it.

I think i'm retiring from tangs for a while. i'm starting to feel bad for the little guys. 2-3 months of fish-less water column aughta get that ich. I swear, just when you think you have that crap licked, hundreds of $$ later in meds and biotics, there it is again. DOH!

Does anyone have a UV sterilzer?

(backtotopic)

Sorry Kendra and Jillian I find the entire light discussion well soooo ...(bored)

I like the shimmer that MH get but apparently radiums can make a pig look like a show pony!(whistle)

I like the lighting we have....

So I can cut back then since I am running 5500 gph on my 75 gallon, and I am certain a little more would not be a bad thing.

And having done both T5's and halides and recently buying another MH light to replace the 4 T5 fixture, yes with T5's it can be done but MH it is done.

This is a never ending opinion thread-both will work, you need to dig deep into the future and decide what’s best- I too kept a clam and SPS that did great, some actually had better color than the MH set up.

Like many things personal preference and opinions-

My opinion-since I own a chiller and I don’t care about extra electricity costs or heat its MH-That’s my opinion, and 4 tanks later all of them starting with some type of T5 set up and ending with MH, well you can see what I think gets the results I strive for-(laugh)

Hey Brad what type of fixture were you using???

Bulb choice is important also, If you go the route "I want it to LOOK this way" as opposed as going for bulbs that will grow. I just set up a six light T5 (with MH's) and the difference in the T5's (only) can range on the Par meter from 200's to 5-600's, with the MH in the center areas I'm getting in the 800's (at the surface)

Wish I had a tank big enough for the 19 lamp model. Nothing in the shots was over 3 inches. Except the Large yellow leather. The tank has been up for about 18 mths. I need to move some things around. Things are getting to close for comfort.

Thanks Steve, and thanks again for starting me on my sps path.

Beckie