A couple shots...

AC-k3v

Figured I'd share a few pics from my new 6' see-through glass box. I'll do a build thread (I know Mick wants to see it) once the tank is done to my liking. At the moment its not ready for a thread.

tank034.jpg

tank033.jpg

WTF.jpg

Intentional white balance error:

tank037.jpg

FTS:

tank036-1.jpg

AC-k3v

Crosshatch was transferred to one of the coral tanks after taking a chunk out my YWG. No trigger, so a few new additions:

tank040.jpg

Flash Shot below...

tank041.jpg

White Balance all off, but cool shot anyway.

tank042.jpg

My new 'Cleaning Station'

tank043.jpg

tank044.jpg

tank045.jpg

tank046.jpg

tank047.jpg

tank048.jpg

• 4 weeks later...
Kevin my brudda' date=' you got the wrasses in the tank!!!!! How's the tank comin along man?[/quote']

Very slow... Still running temporary lighting since i can't make up my mind. Thinking about building a 96 LED system with dim control. We'll see. Just added a skimmer yesterday since i have been running no filtration at all for about a month.

I picked up those 3 female Flames this weekend. Going to pick up 2 or 3 female Rhomboids this week. I've been doing some trades with my fish.

No longer have the anthias or the crosshatch. Current livestock is:

3 Female Flame Wrasse

3 Green Chromis

1 Yellow Tang

1 Pair of Blk & Wht Clowns

1 Pair of Harlequin Shrimp

1 Pair of Cleaner Shrimp

Kevin

Dude' date=' why'd you get rid of the anthias? Those were dope as hell, Jess can't wait to get a trio of em in our tank when we upgrade.[/quote']

3 of the 7 dropped dead in about a week. I think it was due to them being poked incorrectly. I know who they came from, so my last comment has about 95% chance of being true. Unfortunately i found this out after they were in the tank.

They are very needy fish and need to be fed at least 3 times a day. That just was able to happen in my house so i made some trades.

Here is a couple of pics i took today:

tank056.jpg

tank057.jpg

Dude, that's just too cool, I'm gonna have to have you cherry pick some rock for me as well as some fairy wrasses when we do the upgrade :P

And how in the hell did you manage to find totally black an white clowns? I've only seen like 3 pair and 2 of em belong to Dave LOL.

Dude' date=' that's just too cool, I'm gonna have to have you cherry pick some rock for me as well as some fairy wrasses when we do the upgrade :P[/quote']

The rock will have to be dry rock, live rock is illegal to take here in Hawaii.

And how in the hell did you manage to find totally black an white clowns? I've only seen like 3 pair and 2 of em belong to Dave LOL.

They came from a breeder in Australia.

Kevin

• 3 weeks later...

I bit the bullet on lighting...

Tuesday:

So all LEDs parts are in, so its time to get started. Details of the setup are as follows:

48 XR-E Q5 Royal Blues

48 XR-E Q5 Cool White

2 - 24" Heatsinks

4 - Mean Well ELN-60-48Ds (0-10v Dimmable)

All above items purchased from Bill @ www.reefledlights.com. Bill is a great guy and i would recommend him and his company to all.

Heatsinks:

LED_001.jpg

LED_002.jpg

One corner out of 8 bent from shipping. Its only the very corner fin. I may or may not try to bend it back.

LED_004.jpg

The dollar bill is there to show you how much money i have left after buying all this crap...

LED_005.jpg

96 LEDs pre-tinned and Blues mounted on one fixture in under an hour. I wanted to submit this pic for the photo contest. It's reef related...right?

LED_006.jpg

LED_007.jpg

Wednesday:

Wired Blues:

LED_008.jpg

Wired Whites:

LED_009.jpg

Test Fire Blue Good:

LED_010.jpg

Test Fire White... not so good. Looks as if two stars are not firing. Solder points are good, not sure what the deal is.

LED_011.jpg

Today:

Solder Joints were not good... 2 out of 280 solder points isn't that bad.

LED_012.jpg

LED_012a.jpg

Kevin

• 1 month later...