Live/Base Rock For Sale

Guest osiris

I have something in the area of 65-80lbs of rock that used to be in my tank for sale. It has been in a large trashcan, completely submerged in saltwater without light, heated and circulated, for about 2-3 months. I don't know how much, if any, life is left on the rock, but at the very least it will make for good base rock for somebody. They are mostly all larger pieces. I would like to get $3 a pound for the rock, if anyone is interested, let me know.

This rock has basically undergone a "cooking" process. It still has all of the beneficial bacteria one would get from LFS live rock, it just doesn't have much color because it has been in the dark for 2 months.

I will take your offer into consideration, and will contact you if no one is interested at the aforementioned price.

well just to clarify a few things. Yes it has been cooking' date=' yes it may still have SOME benificial bacteria. People seem to think that is the only thing that makes live rock live. There will be no life whatsoever left on that rock except some bacteria. There are alot more things then bacteria on live rock[/quote']

If you are looking for something that has tons of hitchhikers, and the problems and benefits those can bring, this is probably not the right rock for you. If you are looking for some very attractive pieces that are free of any possible nuisance algaes at a very good price, then feel free to contact me.

was the water in the tub topped off to make up evaporation? or did the salinity in the tub rise with time?

It is a sealed tub, and thus has had very little water loss due to evaporation. However, I have added a few gallons of top-off water anyway.

no kidding. He states right in his first post that its good BASE ROCK. Technically its still live rock if the water has been kept in right parameters. and $3 a pound is what MOST LFS CHARGE for base rock. if you were the first to offer a bid on something i were selling and it was half the asking price i would have laughed at you.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply, I am no longer getting responses forwarded to my e-mail, and just checked this to give it a bump.

I'm available after 6pm most weeknights, and pretty much all day on weekends. Give me a call at 503-330-4677 if you want to come and look at it.