Need Overflow Now!

Algae

Thanks Alex, but I got a lot of junk in there. I am going to need to physically remove the algae. It is a refugium. Can't think of another way than using a hole saw. The bends are just to sharp and protected/shrouded for a mini snake, I think.

Hydrogen peroxide should do the trick.

I hope this helps

I thought it was the overflow model, so using chemicals was a way to clean it.

Try to write an email to cpr, maybe they have some secrets cleaning tips.

I use to have a Cpr fuge with skimmer, but it was the large model, so it was pretty easy to clean.

See, you got the fuge for free lol.

So you mean that U shaped baffle...

Soak it in some peroxide for a few seconds and shake it. It really should get rid of algae.

Or soak it for some more time in a kalkwasser solution. The acid should dissolve them.

You can also cut a stripe of sandpaper, about a foot long and 1/2 of an inch wide and clean at least the lower part of it. An air compressor will do the rest, hopefully.

Don't think the sandpaper would work unless, maybe, I use my belt sander sandpaper (thick and flexible).

I could possbly seal the intake of the overflow with dishrags and insert the air compressor nozzle. I doubt if that would be enough pressure (135lbs.).

I have fuzzy tipped (forget scientific name) and hair algae growing. It is the fuzzy tipped that is going to be a job.

See, you got the fuge for free lol.

So you mean that U shaped baffle...

Soak it in some peroxide for a few seconds and shake it. It really should get rid of algae.

Or soak it for some more time in a kalkwasser solution. The acid should dissolve them.

You can also cut a stripe of sandpaper, about a foot long and 1/2 of an inch wide and clean at least the lower part of it. An air compressor will do the rest, hopefully.

Sounds good max! Please send me your phone # via PM. This would give a day or two to finger it out (maybe literally)!

muriatic acid in a 1:6 solution with water is the best i believe...just be careful. do you still need an overflow? i have an eshopps overflow sitting here next to me you can borrow.