Sign in to follow this  
pitaloo

My new Yuma. It's pinkish orange!

I love this new Yuma. It is by far the most vivid thing in my tank. The color is unbelievably pretty. (cheer)

StephsYumapic.jpg

Very nice!

I have been thinking about getting a couple real high end ones myself-but then I read how they are tough to frag so I am uncertain-its all abot the frags-(plotting)

Where did you get it?

Well, married...but not related. There are those that are both around here too (sick)

When it comes to Todd...(queen)(shy)

I got it from my husbands tank(clap) I stole it while he was napping (hidesbehindsofa)

Very nice!

I have been thinking about getting a couple real high end ones myself-but then I read how they are tough to frag so I am uncertain-its all abot the frags-(plotting)

Where did you get it?

When you feel ready we can frag it for you, and trade for our pink yuma :)

you can see it this weekend ;)

Well, since it's now been in two different tanks after being shipped from LA. I think we better leave the poor thing alone for a little while. I'll have to get some yuma fragging lessons from you this weekend. I would also have to do the cutting when she's not home. She might kick me out for that lol.

I think she's just trying to find excuses to use those little smiley faces.

Mick, anything that strikes their eye seems to end up in their tank. There is no way to hide anything in this hobby. Just be prepared for it. lol

I have been thinking about getting a couple real high end ones myself-but then I read how they are tough to frag so I am uncertain-its all abot the frags-

Nah, they're easy to frag. I chopped the one I gave to Queen Angel (for Mr. S) and it was a breeze. Just slice it right down the middle with a razor. They do have a tendency to pop of the rock/plug afterward, so you have to watch them. Other than that, IME, they have been pretty bulletproof.

Nah' date=' they're easy to frag. I chopped the one I gave to Queen Angel (for Mr. S) and it was a breeze. Just slice it right down the middle with a razor. They do have a tendency to pop of the rock/plug afterward, so you have to watch them. Other than that, IME, they have been pretty bulletproof.[/quote']

Depends on the tanks. There are setups known to not doing well with Yumas.

I think mostly is Mg, but it is just my opinion.

Then depends how strong is the coral itself: straight from the ocean polyps seems to die pretty easy. This is true for most of the corals, even more for Ricordea Yuma.

Mick, I just took over all the saltwater tanks in the house. He just gets to buy what I ok for them now.(laugh) And I love that yuma. Wonderful color.