The Pac-16

impur

Colorado just officially joined the Pac10.

Oklahoma state is supposed to announce later today.

Then its just a matter of time before Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma follow suit. Whew, the landscape of college football is changing. We are getting closer to a playoff!! (rock2)

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Colorado just officially joined the Pac10.

Oklahoma state is supposed to announce later today.

Then its just a matter of time before Texas, Texas A&M, Texas Tech, Oklahoma follow suit. Whew, the landscape of college football is changing. We are getting closer to a playoff!! (rock2)

Awesome now I will be able to rub it in your face with my Aggies or the Longhorns demolish your ducks!(rock2)

You see I'm a duck fan until they play my Texas teams! I may even root for tech...... nah.....

Oklahoma on the other hand is the reason Texas has not fallen in the ocean because they suck suck suck!(laugh)

This is great. Best idea the Pac has every came up with.

Better teams rcrain? They why are they coming to the Pac and us not going to the Big 12 :) Ohhh I love college football.

The Pac10 has potential for more vacancies with certain teams being on probation (whistle)and certain players being dismissed for criminal activity..(whistle)

Agreed and I do love the Ducks (rock2)! Sorry Beavers fan when I moved here I felt the need to pick between the Beavers and the Ducks and the ducks had better uniforms!(laugh) I hope one day Texas A&M will get back to their top 10 ranking glory days so I can stop rooting for the Longhorns by default!

I have seen the Duck light!

College football is heating up.

We will convert you to a Duck, Kim!

As an incentive, we will permit you 3 new polls if you see the Ducks light and repent now of you Texas heathen ways!

Algae I am a Duck fan but I can't hate on my old college team simply because they have sucked for a while!(laugh)

And I would be heavily conflicted when the Ducks played the Longhorns but hmmm 3 new polls did you say?.....(plotting)

I'm from Nebraska and we are just finally getting through the coaching mess that our former athletic director put us in after Coach Osborne retired. I have wanted the Ducks Offense to come to Nebraska for the last few years. You have one of our old players coaching for the Ducks so I just gotta root for them every year, unless it impacts my Big Red! lol

I'm from Nebraska and we are just finally getting through the coaching mess that our former athletic director put us in after Coach Osborne retired. I have wanted the Ducks Offense to come to Nebraska for the last few years. You have one of our old players coaching for the Ducks so I just gotta root for them every year' date=' unless it impacts my Big Red! lol[/quote']

Thats cool! Looks like they heading to the Big 10(11). They had a great year last year, Suh was an absolute beast. That whoopin on Arizona was classic.

I was a little concerned about the Scott Frost hire. But he's done an outstanding job. He was pretty good in college too!!

He was very good. He also appears to be a good person as well, and college kids need good role models. People forget what maturity level these kids are at in college football. One thing I always valued about coach Osborne was that he wanted to help the boys turn into solid men by the end of their football career and he demonstrated that by teaching them respect, hard work, and dedication. Of course you always get a few thugs in there occasionally and you can't hold the entire team accountable for the actions of one thug. IE the Boise game punch.

I also gotta say that the Ducks have been on of the most fun teams to watch these past few years too, because their offense is unpredictable. I hate watching teams that throw 3 and out, throw 3 and out, catch a bomb, get a touchdown, then 3 and out again. It's annoying. Mix it up a little bit people!

Tim - I think its gonna be Nate Costa. I'd like to see Darron Thomas win it, but he doesn't have the experience that Costa does in the system. The offense Chip runs doesn't require a superstar QB. They have so many weapons and so much speed on the field that the QB just needs to be able to manage the offense and get the ball to the playmakers. Just don't make big mistakes and they should be in position to win every game this year.

Todd - great point. He really is a stand up guy. Humble, level headed and has a high football IQ. He was a great hire. There are always a couple guys that ruin it for the rest, its just inevitable when you have 105 18-22 year olds.

Yeah I wouldn't mind seein either one of them win costa had some good skills when he was playing last year. I can't wait to see there defence this year it's always a weak spot for us. I hope they got some good DBs to fill the the gaps. Impur have you made it to any of the spring games? Or seen practice?

Yep i was at the Spring game :)

I agree the defense should be great this year. This will be the 2nd year running a 3-4 defense, so they can only get better. Its so much more fun watching an attacking defense, as opposed to the old bend but don't break defense. I think the backfield will be fine, there are plenty of guys to play back there and they all got some good experience last year. Talmidge Jackson III is back, and i think Cliff Harris will get the other corner spot. Freshman Terrence Mitchell had a huge spring and showed he deserves some playing time. He's gonna be a great one. Then you have Eddie Pleasant at rover. Not only did he play lineback last year so you know he can hit, he's also the fastest guy on the team.