Formally Introducing Myself Finally

rgrcrain

Hello all, My name is Roger. I've had a couple of saltwater tanks in the last 5 or 6 years and i've been a lurker and a member here for over a year. I kept telling people I wasn't going to introduce myself until I got a camera and had pics to show, so yesterday I went a grabbed a camera and here I am.

Most of the sponsors in the area probably know my face even if they dont know my name, and in the last week i've had the opportunity to meet Grassi, Impur, Emerald525 and Tanktop74 and i'm looking forward to meeting more of you now that i'm out in the open.

I'm a fan of the Zoa's and sps so i'm trying to grow them both in my tank. I've got dual 400w Halides on each end of the tank and 96 watts of T5 light in the center to kind of even out the color.

Here's a pic with all the lights on.

FTSFront.jpg

Heres one with just the T5.

FTSHalOFF.jpg

And here is probably my clearest picture yet.

Zoa1.jpg

I havent quite got the hang of fixing the color's in the pictures just yet.

Thanks for lookin' i'm going to go back to lurking for now.

• Like 2

Getting highjacked was my pleasure. I've been trying to get into the original "Coral Mafia" for a long time. And thanks for practically forcing me to take my first acan' date=' its doing great and i'll probably get hooked on those too.[/quote']

I forgot to tell you Roger ,we are part of "Don" Isaac's hitmen!(enforcer)

Yes I was a tad forceful with the acan but I love them and think everyone should have acans and like zoas you group them together (just don't combine lord acans with echinatas (nono))

Thanks guys but believe me the camera is doing all the work.

Miles, the corals are doing well.

Yes its a 120, hey, I should start another thread to show off Shane's (USCGCWO) beautiful stand and canopy, and the sump that Dave(davey jones) and I designed Whohoo!!(rock2)

Thanks guys but believe me the camera is doing all the work.

Miles, the corals are doing well.

Yes its a 120, hey, I should start another thread to show off Shane's (USCGCWO) beautiful stand and canopy, and the sump that Dave(davey jones) and I designed Whohoo!!(rock2)

You totally should! I have seen Shane's woodwork in his build thread! Truly awesome!

Dave does great work! He built us a sump for the formerly known as "FOWLR" tank! It' in the thread below my signature. He does nice work with great quality acrylic.

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...

So after the mess with the flood in my Apt. and having to move and rearange everything I figured I would take a before and after picture. I am terrible with the camera settings (and the LED's aren't helping) so the pics are a little over-exposed but almost everything lived through the move.

Before:

_DSC0455.jpg

After:

_DSC0466.jpg

And I got everything running through my controller and 1 plug using these cool powerstrips.

_DSC0471.jpg

The only issue I have now is that I can't stop looking at the tank instead of the the TV(laugh)