GOC contestants please read....

Start date???

So we will push the start date out until like the 25th or something???

Let Jon boy (?) get his frag and settle in-are there others that are waiting for theirs also?

Mine just is turning brown-I had it to close to the light and then my Kalk reactor puked its guts into my tank-my Kh is around 1467ish So then I added some Mag chloride to offset the slight increase in KH but the scale was on ounces and not grams so my mag is reading 9558 ppm-

I'm going to dose some Calcium so it is all balanced out proportionally

Is that higher than NSW-

I got my frag and its just on the rack right now, pick up a ruler from dollar tree but its a clear magnifying one so hopefully it will work. Ill get pics this weekend work suck right now. Im leaving at 5am and getting home at 8ish at night so lights are off when i get home. Thanks again to Roger for helping me out getting it in my tank.

I love shopping at The Dollar Tree!

Cheap Chinese candy and the tackiest cr$% you can imagine. Bonus:Saw two skinny guys with mullets, missing front teeth, and itchy sores on their faces.

Love returning to my roots! (for 5 minutes).

PS: While shopping don't forget the Super Glue gel. 3 tubes for a buck.

that super glue is good stuff too. Thats what we used on all the frags!!!!!!!!(side note) they are only about half full tubes. You get what you pay for...

I already have one of the rulers here with the standard 1/4" start gap that is purple and I think it may be from there even too. I'll get a photo up this weekend also. Work is kicking me in the pants still...

• 2 weeks later...
Just wanted to give you guys a heads up...Chief has been kind enough to hook us up with another sub forum for the SPS GOC....please post all related threads and updates in this forum....

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=115

I will keep you guys posted as things progress and change...

I think it would be fair to call this competition officially started as of June 1st...however with the delays in distribution I think it should be extended an additional week or 2 as not everyone got their frags on time..I know some of you are as far as 3 weeks behind but I don't want this to go on forever....honestly I think 4 or 5 months would suffice...but this should allow for some clear cut winners...This may change as I have yet to clear this with Impur, Snowpunk, Grassi, or Frank....[/color]did I leave anyone out?(scratch)

If you haven't already done so please run out to your nearest Dollartree

http://www.dollartree.com/custserv/locate_store.cmd

and pick up a plastic ruler. We are going to use those to judge growth for the remainder of this competition....I promise next round will be much more informative and these things will be decided in advance. I know it was the organizers plan to provide said rulers but apparently it didn't happen.

Which brings me to photo updates....as in past competitions I think once a month is sufficient for posting updates....however to make this simple I am going to request all updates to be in by the 1st of each month. I would also like to request simple post updates, no photo required, to be posted no later than the 15th of each month.

Prizes, donating sponsers, and rule review is in the works...

Thank you for your patients as I try to get this sorted out. If you feel you have an area here that you can contribute feel free to post it. I would like as much of this to be "public knowledge" as possible as that way there are fewer questions requiring attention to answer. As I am sure most of you can imagine there is a lot that goes on "behind the scenes" so to speak with organization, obtaining donations, and so on....so it isn't always a quick answer that can be provided when questions are asked.

Last topic....we will be addressing the destination or future of the remaining colony shortly and I or we or someone will update you....

Above is the closest thing I found, which got things rolling but it is not complete/current/updated whatever you want to call it

Under the Sub forum that was created (IMO) needs to be a stcky with a revised SPS rules, I.E. delete the plastic grow plug picture, read through that thread, delte out all the garbage that pertains to zoas and replace with info for the SPS

Within those rules outline (as I had read) what all you want as far as pictures, tank specs, deadlines-including posting pics for the start and the finish.

Have yet another thread (sticky) for photo updates, one that someone can have access to delete non related threads.

I think that is all that is missing-If there is nobody wanting/willing/or has the time-give me the reigns and I will be happy to run with this-I seem to be the sqweakiest wheel on this bus

Eric, I am glad you got this thing back on the tracks and I would like to offer up my help as we have discussed-I am willing to cut/paste/edit the thread so it reflects this G.O. and only this G.O.-no plastic plug yadda yadda yadda...

This all can get done TODAY (I'm offering up my time to do this) with in my opinion an official start date of like this coming Friday-giving people time to read the "new threads" listed under the sub forum that was created-which you had chief create just for that purpose-good job on that

What needs to happen to facilitate this, does the BOD need to vote, or is it a simple thing???

Willing to help-LMK

LETS GET THIS PARTY GOING(clap)

I don't see any issues with you being a Mod/organizer....does anybody else? Shoot Chief a PM

Sent from my brain using telepathy

mesage sent to Cheif, Frank, Grassi, CA2OR, Stylaster, Snowpunk

Not sure who all should have been included but that should get results-I hope so.....

Time will tell

im fine with brad doing this!we just need to have all the info so it is easy to find and where to post pics.

I can promise/guarantee it will be crystal clear and easy to find-

Believe me you wont be disappointed at all

Eris has done 85% of the the work already, it just needs some tweaking and all would be good-

I appreciate Eric's help getting this back on track, we just need a few adjustments and I have time and the desire and it will be better for all.