Water ro/di

BrianB

I already have a ro unit but will be getting a new membrane and pre- filters what I was wondering is if I really need a di unit on top of the r/o. Our water out in Gresham is pretty soft with a low tds outta tap anyway. Lat time I checked it was in the 60 ppm range. Can't check at the moment as I need to go get new batterys for my meter. So is di really needed?

• 1 month later...

I had the same concerns as I set up. Now store 50 gal in agro container, ready for the 30g mix tank. Make a call to "the Filter Guys" in Duluth, MN. I think they can be found on line as well. It would be worth your time. LoJen

RO is not perfect, it will let some things through no matter how much or little you initially start with. DI takes off where RO leaves off and removes the rest of the mineral content in the water or at least to an acceptable measure. some people have perfectly fine results with just an RO unit. not me. for how cheaply you can add DI its worth the extra cash to bump up your water quality to near perfect.