Sign in to follow this  
newfisher

1000 miles away and I get the phone call....

We left Wednesday for SanDiego for 6 days, had a friend watch the house,dogs,cats,tanks etc,and all was good until 9:30 pm Sunday. We had just finished eating and watching the sunset in 80 degree weather at a pool party and the phones started that ringtone that makes you think "oh god,its her...what happened"? Apparently Sheena,our pet whisperer, had been watching tv when she heard popping,snapping noises in the walls and the home theater/fish tank room went black! I had her grab a flashlight and check the breakers..nothing. I started calling those members closest to my house!! Brian aka bswe22 was home and hadn't put his son to bed yet. He rushed over,through the bluetooth phone bud in and dove into the darkness. It ended up being an ATO pump on one of the tanks that failed, ran the sump low enoughh to expose the heater,popped the heater( snapping noises in the walls) and shorted the breaker that sheena couldn't find. I had a new heater and RODI water made up,problem solved in a few minutes.

THANK YOU bswee22! I hope the Double double from In and Out in Redding found its way to the "can't pay you enough for saving the tanks" fund/stomach. And THANK YOU Sheena...she will never see that,but she desreves it too!

That is really great to hear. Kudos to Bryan for going above and beyond! Makes me feel warm and fuzzy to hear about people helping out!

I remember talking to you and you saying that vacations was your way of helping the lfs's keep in business by needing to replace livestock on your return home.

Yea Bryan!

(flower)

In and Out the best burger around. Should have made it a tripple/tripple or the 4x4 (4 patties of meat and cheese)

Glad everything is ok (clap)

YEA! a happy (sort of) ending to everyones worst nightmare. I don't want to go on vacation... ever. But the wife would not let that one fly!!!

dsoz

Just make sure you have someone stay at your house and you make a list for them. Its a huge relief having Sheena. We leave quite often,enough that I shouldn't be in the hobby and she has been geat. The first trip we lost 9 fish. Every day for 10 days it seemed to be the same conersation back home. Clay came to the rescue on that one. Always have a fish friend or two available when you leave and share the phone numbers with the house sitter!

The In and Out burger was great!!!!!!!!!! I savoryed every bite. I miss having those on a regular basis. Thank You. I would do it again for you in a heart beat. We spend way to much money and time with our tanks to watch or hear about it going downhill and not do anything about it. Thats what friends are for. Anytime!!!!

Bryan

Re: 1000 miles away and I get the phone call....

Yeah we love in and out too....we get it overnighted occasionally as both of our parents live within a mile of in and outs....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yeah we love in and out too....we get it overnighted occasionally as both of our parents live within a mile of in and outs....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Treated with about the same urgency and care as live fish. maybe even better.

Treated with about the same urgency and care as live fish. maybe even better.

If you call ahead, they will individually wrap and box each component of the burger...ie..patty,cheese,sauce,animal style onions,buns etc. So all you have to do is bring dry ice and some newspaper. My wife overnights it to me when she is home w/o me.

Good story!! Man i love In & Out!!!!!

I didn't have anyone watching my tanks. I came home to the pump in my frag tank not working (brand new koralia evolution pump). As you can guess, the water was hot on top, cooler down at the bottom. Precipitation on the walls and top of the water. My brand new chalice dead along with all the acros and 3 acans :( Spent 6 hours tuesday working on things and added a 2nd pump so that doesn't happen again.

Good story!! Man i love In & Out!!!!!

I didn't have anyone watching my tanks. I came home to the pump in my frag tank not working (brand new koralia evolution pump). As you can guess, the water was hot on top, cooler down at the bottom. Precipitation on the walls and top of the water. My brand new chalice dead along with all the acros and 3 acans :( Spent 6 hours tuesday working on things and added a 2nd pump so that doesn't happen again.

Oof! Bad day! Sorry to hear that.

And i came home with a cold!!!

Oh well, live and learn. I added a 2nd pump just in case so i shouldn't have that problem again.

Hey Miles

If you ever need somebody to tank sit, just let me know. I would be happy to stop by everyday your gone and make sure everything is OK.

Bryan