What kind of disease is it?

vanz

I just got some fish in a couple of days ago and some of them look to be coming down with something.

One fish that looked healthy was found dead this morning.

Another is looking like this, and I think it's spreading to the other fish.

Here's a link to the video that I took:

vanderbilt disease

I had a few chromies for about a year. They died for carpet surfing and I got 3 new. They all died showing similar symptoms in the same well established tank. My suggestion is to setup a qt and try with fish from a different source.

I had a few chromies for about a year. They died for carpet surfing and I got 3 new. They all died showing similar symptoms in the same well established tank. My suggestion is to setup a qt and try with fish from a different source.

I agree chromis are hard to keep, once they get past a month in the tank they are usually good to go. He got his fish strait from hawaii so there really is no better source, LOL.

THanks. They are in QT right now, I'll have to try copper if it's marine velvet. What is the best copper medication?

I'm at work right now so I can't visit certain sites....like anything with the words "horse" in it:confused: Or anything with the word "reef" as well. They are on to me(torch)

THanks. They are in QT right now, I'll have to try copper if it's marine velvet. What is the best copper medication?

I'm at work right now so I can't visit certain sites....like anything with the words "horse" in it:confused: Or anything with the word "reef" as well. They are on to me(torch)

LOL that's hilarious!(laugh) I'm waiting for them to block my internet access but I'm the only one around here that is saltwater obsessed(nutty)

I could understand blocking reef' date=' it's close to reefer, duh LOL but seriously, blocking sites with the word "horse" in it? Really??? Is that newest drug craze or something?[/quote']

That would make sense, but I can do a search for marijuana just fine. (laugh)

"candy" is also blocked (scary)

Thanks for the link bob, but I don't think it's lympho....it has now changed to be something like this and has affected all the chromis.

I took another vid of the chromis. It's covered all in white specks and they look very bloated with maybe raised scales? Could it be ich?

I bought the wrong medicine (maracyn-oxy) thinking it was a bacterial disease. Oh well. I've been trying to lower their specific gravity to 1.009, and will do so by the end of tonight. temp is also at 81.

Video link