...and the oil spill continues

coralreefer

Five weeks after the blow out, oil still gushes unabated. Where is the sense of urgency? I am amazed daily at the apathetic way BP approaches this...How about a giant rubber stopper? How about a fifty ton "brick"? How about a bigger dead end pipe slipped over the gusher? How about the world's biggest wad of bubble gum? Something? Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they attempted only one thing so far? In 5 weeks? Logistically, I know a mile down under water ain't making things any easier, and I am sure they could maybe make things worse, but if they don't have a clue how to stop this now, they shouldn't be in the business. If they were in 1/2 the hurry to stop the gusher as they were to get oil flowing, we'd be done with this by now...

DrMerle

I keep wondering why they dont have action in place as to " what if this happens" and why they cant spend some of the billions they make on finding a usefull and productive way to clean up, fix leak and prevent things like this. Should be an international law making them responsable for coming up with fixes and cleaning methods that work, and give them a deadline for it insted of them being able to pay one guy to sit there and be able to say they are working on it. It pisses me off that the exon spill isnt cleaned up or the $ they owe the state of Alaska hasnt been paid, They dont seem to take responsability for anything!

yeah its horrible!! BP is ridiculous!! They are all bastards..other countries even offered to help and the middle east countries recommended they should use tankers to pump out the oil like they did when they had an oil spill and stupid BP turned down both. They need to get there a$$'s into gear and start cleaning this crap up..Yeah Doc, if they could make money off cleaning it up, they would be doing that ASAP!

Why not, now this is coming from a person who admittedly tends to take the most straight away course to solving any obstacle, no matter how bad the consequences, hence why I am so banged up, but, why don't they just get 2 or 3 drop bottom ships to park over top of the spill and then drop in a couple thousand tons of concrete?

Five weeks after the blow out, oil still gushes unabated. Where is the sense of urgency? I am amazed daily at the apathetic way BP approaches this...How about a giant rubber stopper? How about a fifty ton "brick"? How about a bigger dead end pipe slipped over the gusher? How about the world's biggest wad of bubble gum? Something? Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't they attempted only one thing so far? In 5 weeks? Logistically, I know a mile down under water ain't making things any easier, and I am sure they could maybe make things worse, but if they don't have a clue how to stop this now, they shouldn't be in the business. If they were in 1/2 the hurry to stop the gusher as they were to get oil flowing, we'd be done with this by now...

DrMerle

Agreed this is really sad.. (sad)The only thing that is going to make them care is to hit them in the pocketbooks and refuse to buy their products. No BP for me. No Arco. No Castrol.

They won't do any of those things Merle because then they wouldn't be able to harvest any of that oil. Notice how their "attempts" all involved something on the end of a huge pipe so they could still suck up oil?

I'm so pissed over this whole thing. I was watching the news about how they aren't taking any suggestions, like what Jason posted above. They have over 20,000 suggestions rec'd over the phone, with another 20,000+ in email form. And the only person they are asking for help from is Kevin Costner!!!! Granted he has a nifty little machine that takes oil and water at 200gph and converts it to pure clean water, but you'd need 500,000 of those running simultaneously just to make a dent.

The most ridiculous part is how they turned down the offer from Saudi Arabia to use super tankers to just suck up all that oil/water so they could extract the oil from it. They cleaned up a larger oil spill in no time, so they know what they are doing. But no, BP won't take help they are above that.

They won't do any of those things Merle because then they wouldn't be able to harvest any of that oil. Notice how their "attempts" all involved something on the end of a huge pipe so they could still suck up oil?

I'm so pissed over this whole thing. I was watching the news about how they aren't taking any suggestions, like what Jason posted above. They have over 20,000 suggestions rec'd over the phone, with another 20,000+ in email form. And the only person they are asking for help from is Kevin Costner!!!! Granted he has a nifty little machine that takes oil and water at 200gph and converts it to pure clean water, but you'd need 500,000 of those running simultaneously just to make a dent.

The most ridiculous part is how they turned down the offer from Saudi Arabia to use super tankers to just suck up all that oil/water so they could extract the oil from it. They cleaned up a larger oil spill in no time, so they know what they are doing. But no, BP won't take help they are above that.

yeah i watched the same new program about that.its so sad! yeah i know thats what i mentioned too impur, about not using the super tankers to extract the oil. it would be alot simpler and would work but nooo..wouldn't wanna accept help

• 2 weeks later...

EXACTLY! They don't want to stop it they want to harvest it! It's their golden egg. Greed! Our government just sits back and watches. Makes me (puke)