"Pests" Section? (real poll)

Algae

"Pests" Section? (real poll)  

1. 1.

This could be bad timing for a new, real poll. (whistle) But here goes.

This question was asked before but became diverted.

I have had a battle with algae that is ongoing (which I loosely call a pest). The solution is not always "Chemistry", since the treatment may be inverts, chem., etc.

There are also other pests/nuisances that could be lumped into a "Pests" section.

There is just too many important threads that get lost in "General Discussion", I think. "General Discussion" seems to get way overloaded.

I know that Andy has said that people can always do a search and has added that most people do not do so.

You can always minimze other major sections if you feel the page is too long.

(I usually minimize "Sponsors" and open it up, maybe once a week).

(stupid)

I just asked for this recently..(scratch)..that's funny. I vote "yes" as I think it would help in identifying pests in either algae, mojano, aptasia, nudi's, flat worms, and so on when people have a problem. Plus alot of times when people first get into reefing they mistake things like copopds as a pest and try to irradicate them....I know because I did this. Like 4 months after I got my 12g I noticed all these "flea" looking things (scratch) in my filtration compartmentsDOH!...well since I couldn't find any info as I wasn't even a part of a forum I did the logical thing..(booboo)..siphoned them all outDOH!. If I could meet the me from back then today (brick) I would smack the (censored) out of him;)

http://www.pnwmas.org/forums/showthread.php?t=18568

maybe the problem is the location of the already exsistant section....why not in front like the SPS, LPS and so on....

Well there is an ID area. But there are so many things in our tanks that I think the typical answer/response may be more benificial. New users could be a bit overwhelmed. There are a number of sites that have ID's (some accurate, some not).

Usually other members can help one ID a pest (with a good photo). It's the treatment that, to me, is more problematic.

I had a reef crest algae that was not chemistry problem. It was not a invert problem. The problem lasted over months. If I posted into "General" I would be bumping other threads on a continual basis or getting the thread lost.

It would also be helpful to newbies IMHO to get, what to many of us is an easy answer.

Maybe less of a "pest section" and more of a "pest identifier" A place ware a list with pic's can be developed so someone with a "pest" can go see what it is' date=' there should be a "beneficial pest" list as well.[/quote']

Re: "Pests" Section? (real poll)

I said that "benefitial pests" comment too and got the constructive response of "what would qualify as "benefitial" pests?" Or something to that affect....

As stated I think this is a great idea

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk