check this beast of a skimmer i just got....overkill maybe...never

Guest Mbeef61

Guest Mbeef61

this thing is a beast.....super super quiet though...ill have updates with skimmate pics. 30 inch tall...10 inch diameter...2 recuirc pumps...lets just say it was a crazy deal.

post-64-141867765614_thumb.jpg

this thing is a beast.....super super quiet though...ill have updates with skimmate pics. 30 inch tall...10 inch diameter...2 recuirc pumps...lets just say it was a crazy deal.

Let's just ask, How crazy a deal? Any other "deal" on em?

The only downfall that I see to it is the fact that they say the pumps are rated for 90W each which is very high, I would be interested to see how air they are pulling out of 90w. I bet with a simple switch to a mesh wheel you could lower that power consumption and greatly increase the air input.

Guest Mbeef61

kinda risky for me to consider with this investment...also considering its rated for like 4 times my system....the deal was about 1 third the online price and no this is a one and only deal. and yes its new

Thats strange cause the other link says that they are rated for 90w each. 65W seems a lot more reasonable for those pumps' date=' from what I can see they look like Ehiem pumps.[/quote']

Rich, I have the single recirc one, and its pump is 65w's and I am willing to bet they are using the same pump, except two are on that bad boy...

Guest Mbeef61

yeah they already have a 4 pump version too...ironically called the 4000, i saw it on a reefcentral thread...a guy HAD to upgrade from the 3 pump version to the 4 pump...lol

4 pumps like that is extremely inefficient, for the 60w of power they use each they only put out around 10lpm of air. With a modified Ehiem 1260 pump it takes around the same amount of power but puts out 30lpm of air. So, you would be a lot better off with 1 Ehiem then 2 or 3 of these pumps.