Which salt??

Gabe

Ok, so I have finaly decided to upgrade my salt. Everything in the tank seems to do well, but not really thrive(flame) I think one thing that would help is to use a quality salt. Plus I have enough coralife shirts in my closet lol (laugh)

So, what do you guys use? Also anything to watch out for when changing salts? I still have enough of the old stuff to do a half dozen changes, I was thinking about mixing salts at water changes for a while to ease the conversion.

Thanks, Gabe

I use H2O and it works great, i just started changing out 10% water every week for a few months and i had no adverse effects at all with the salt change. nearly all my levels stay where they need to be now. i'm not chasing ph or calcium, etc. its worth the $ in my opinion. I also added dual DI filters to my RO and have also seen better quality water tests.

I have been using oceanic for the last year or so. I have nothing really to compare it to but my calcium levels are good and my corals seem to grow well. Of course, im a total noob at corals so I have nothing to really compare to.

I have tried almost all of the salts that have been available locally. My favorite was Tropic Marin, but it is too hard to get, and is very expensive. I like the D D H2O salt, but again it is expensive, and I had some algae outbreak issues in the last bucket I used. Kent is what I am using at the moment and have never had any problems with it.

I'm currently using Oceanic, but going to switch after I get down to my last 2 buckets. The Oceanic is high in CA, ALK, and Mg. My levels are through the roof when I do a water change. Maybe I just need more SPS to help with the level. :D

From what I understand 'salt group buys' are hard due to having to buy a pallet at a time. Shipping usually kills the price.

Again this is what I have heard in the past. Maybe true..... maybe not.

Hopefully someone will post the truth.........................

Also, you are going to have to have everyone involved in a group buy agree on the brand of salt. If we were to get enough interest in getting a whole pallet, there are options available to get it here for a reasonable price. I have several contacts in the logistics and LTL fields.

I'm currently using Oceanic' date=' but going to switch after I get down to my last 2 buckets. The Oceanic is high in CA, ALK, and Mg. My levels are through the roof when I do a water change. Maybe I just need more SPS to help with the level. :D[/quote']

(laugh) we could all use more SPS!

Also' date=' you are going to have to have everyone involved in a group buy agree on the brand of salt. If we were to get enough interest in getting a whole pallet, there are options available to get it here for a reasonable price. I have several contacts in the logistics and LTL fields.[/quote']

I'm in for 2 buckets of H2O and put me down for a few clams too. i like clams.

I am not going to be the organizer of the buy' date=' if it ever happens. The last group buy I organized didn't go over too well with a couple of our "sponsors". I will help all I can to get the shipping price down.[/quote']

Really?DOH! C'mon. I seriously doubt they make that much profit off of salt.(scratch) Do they not realize how much we spend?;) Well at least me anyway! :DCan't they understand us saving a little here and there?

I'm currently using Oceanic' date=' but going to switch after I get down to my last 2 buckets. The Oceanic is high in CA, ALK, and Mg. My levels are through the roof when I do a water change. Maybe I just need more SPS to help with the level. :D[/quote']

That's a nice problem to have hmmmm oceanic...(plotting)