Sign in to follow this  
AC-k3v

Swimming with a SeaHorse

Not sure on the kind, but I'm looking to find out. It was good size. Here is a better shot to get a size reference.

seahorse3.jpg

Kevin

You sure it's a Kuda and not a fisheri? Hard to make a great ID from the pic. The kuda complex of the hippocampus does confuse me often.

Maybe I just want it to be a fisheri so you can catch me a pair and I can pay you a lot of money for them, but they are the prevalent species in your region according to the books.

The first picture did make it look like an ingens. I have seen a couple of huge ones, over 18" tall and close to 8" from pouch to dorsal fin. That would have been really exciting to see in Hawaii.

Swimming with a SeaHorse

Fisher's are a palegic species. This kuda was photographed about 30 feet from shore.

Kevin

So what's the difference between a palegic species an the kuda's?

Are the Kuda's able to be kept in a tank? Or are they one of the seahorse species that are advised to be left in the ocean?

forget the seahorse' date=' look the size of that hippo tang next to it?[/quote']

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

forget the seahorse' date=' look the size of that hippo tang next to it?[/quote']

Ohhhh man! Thats harsh! (laugh)

That was my reasoning behind the photograph. Where else can you see two pregnant males, of different species, in one photo? :)

k3v

Ohhhh man! Thats harsh! (laugh)

The truth is never harsh. I got the same comment on the local forum. lol Though i told them i just farted in my wetsuit and that is a methane bubble. (laugh)

Kevin