looking for an older computer

my dear ol mums computer crashed and back in the day I was the guy with all the parts to fix it but I have since moved on from that.

I would like to find her a decent older computer, she mainly just gets on the internet and plays card games so it doesn't have to be fancy. The inly thing required is that it works.

Please let me know if you have one you want to get rid of, I have nice corals for trade or can pay cash. Let me know what it has in it and how much you want. Thanks for reading.

Re: looking for an older computer

I have a perfectly working tower you can snag....not too old has media card readers and so on.....from what you describe her using it for it should be perfect....maybe even overkill....I can include software too....

It has like a 2.6GHz CPU, gig or so of RAM and supports 4g's of PC 3200 DDR, large HDD 160 GB, very good computer and in great shape....front side audio jacks...AMD 64 Vista compatible, firewire, USB 2.0 on front and back, DVD RW and DVD drives....want more info?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Do you know what her old one needs?

Well she has a few friends that think they are doing her favors by upgrading her system with pirated versions of operating systems that her computer is too outdated for. So first and foremost she needs an OS, secondly her system is outdated, REALLY outdated and there are a few signs that her hard drive or motherboard are beginning to fault.

Well she has a few friends that think they are doing her favors by upgrading her system with pirated versions of operating systems that her computer is too outdated for. So first and foremost she needs an OS' date=' secondly her system is outdated, REALLY outdated and there are a few signs that her hard drive or motherboard are beginning to fault.[/quote']

The OS is something I am pretty sure I can come up with. (I have several legal license keys for XP Pro) I would need to know more about the hardware to know if I have a MB that would work. I use all of my old retired drives for archives if they are still working so I really don't have anything there. If it doesn't work out to get a complete system let me know.

The OS is something I am pretty sure I can come up with. (I have several legal license keys for XP Pro) I would need to know more about the hardware to know if I have a MB that would work. I use all of my old retired drives for archives if they are still working so I really don't have anything there. If it doesn't work out to get a complete system let me know.

As do I.....XP, Vista, and now 7....plus office 2010, Elements....

That is a good idea...you can also check out the EEE PC by Asus...they are like mini laptops that are very cheap and fit in most purses...

That is a good idea...you can also check out the EEE PC by Asus...they are like mini laptops that are very cheap and fit in most purses...

I actually own one. And for travel or a student on the go these are great. But as an owner of one I wouldnt reccomend it for daily use. Very small and compact. JMHO

Yeah I have sold a few of em...mostly to wives who thought they were cute....they are cool but can get frusterating I would imagine....but I think they are well worth the money

I actually own one. And for travel or a student on the go these are great. But as an owner of one I wouldnt reccomend it for daily use. Very small and compact. JMHO

I have to agree. I bought one for my wife and while it worked great the screen is too small. She has a $250 Best Buy Laptop now instead. The specs on it are even decent. It just doesn't have some of the goodies. (Single core Intel, No Expresscard slot, No webcam, no Esata connection, no card reader) It does have wireless N though and with Win 7 it cruises right along as an Internet machine.

I know you guys are right, but I figured that there are probably plenty of people with old systems kicking around, plus it's always good to reuse old electronic instead of sending them to the dump. Besides it will only be a matter of time before one of her "genius" friends come by to work on it for her, despite my constant warnings and having to repeatedly fix their mistakes.

I may be interested in a copy of 7 for my system and that office 2010. Let me know what that would run me Eric/Rick/anybody.

I don't have a source for Win 7 that would be any better than you can get. (I just have some of the older operating systems like XP Pro that were provided to me as gifts back when I was an MS beta tester) Just be sure to get a retail version unless the savings is substantial. The OEM version can't legally be transferred to a different system after it is installed and usually isn't much less than a retail upgrade version.

All of this is true....however simply calling Microsoft usually resolves some of this....or do what I do.....keep getting the Action Pack