Brewed my first batch of beer!

impur

Took advantage of Sunday afternoon after the Mothers day brunch and brewed my first batch of beer! I have no idea if i did it right, or if it will come out tasting good but it was fun to do. Just gotta wait out the fermenting process now.

I brewed some Rogue Dead Guy Ale

6beb2942.jpg

Got some more pics i'll have to post em later tonight.

Jess get's off at 1 the night before, I'll do my best to get out of the house by 930 LOL

I figure if we get out by 930, we should be in your area around 1130 or so.....hmmmmm

Maybe we should leave around 9, dude, you better have something really really special that she'll love in your tank to give her if I have to get her up at 8 in the am LOL

Hey Miles, I started homebrewing a few months ago.

If you like IPA's I have a nice recipe for a Stone IPA clone :-))

Is this their Arrogant Bastard clone or their IPA?

I knew their was an AB clone out there and Izzypop actually brewed it while I was around. (Never did get to taste it thou after it fermented) (sad) (sad) (sad)

It is for mini mash but it tastes really good. Dry hopping is with pellets, so it is simple and effective with closed fermentation.

Also I suppose you already have an aquarium air pump to add some air to the worth ;)

I will scan it and post it here asap.

Jess get's off at 1 the night before, I'll do my best to get out of the house by 930 LOL

I figure if we get out by 930, we should be in your area around 1130 or so.....hmmmmm

Maybe we should leave around 9, dude, you better have something really really special that she'll love in your tank to give her if I have to get her up at 8 in the am LOL

Its really only about 1hr 40min drive. She'll probably love stuff i don't wanna frag LOL

It is for mini mash but it tastes really good. Dry hopping is with pellets, so it is simple and effective with closed fermentation.

Also I suppose you already have an aquarium air pump to add some air to the worth ;)

I will scan it and post it here asap.

Yah got the air supplies covered, but i'm gonna have to read up on how to brew it. My first batch was pretty simple.

Steep grains

Add half DME and half bittering hops - boil 45 min

Add remaining DME, other half of bittering hops - boil 10min

Add Aroma hops and candi sugar

Cool

Add 2 gallons of water and yeast

And i probably screwed up somewhere in there. I was on beer 5 or 6 i think by the end (laugh)

I tried all of them lol

Ab, Levitation and Stone IPA. On the paper it says "imperial", but it tastes as the Stone IPA (bottled). The best is the IPA, I'm not a fan of the AB. The levitation is good too in my opinion

And i probably screwed up somewhere in there. I was on beer 5 or 6 i think by the end (laugh)

You don't have to follow the instructions exactly... some variations in the process make it more fun! My best advice is to add as much DME at the beginning instead of at the end as instructions usually suggest. This is what the guy at the store told me after I was fighting with that mess at 5 mins to the end of boiling time. The taste is not gonna change much, I tested it personally :D

I also have an easy apfelwein recipe, that I've found on some forum. It is a german cider, strong and bitter that has the kick (drooler)

I did it twice already and it is cheap and perfect for the summer

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/man-i-love-apfelwein-14860/

Probably LOL

Dude, she's a woman.......LOL

Nah, it's not that bad of a drive, it's just a matter of getting through Portland LOL

Okay Mick you have insulted women and Portland in 2 lines!(nono) Bad rep points coming your way!DOH!Just kidding!:D

Wait I said I was going to stop talking about rep points.:eek: Too late!DOH!

You don't have to follow the instructions exactly... some variations in the process make it more fun! My best advice is to add as much DME at the beginning instead of at the end as instructions usually suggest. This is what the guy at the store told me after I was fighting with that mess at 5 mins to the end of boiling time. The taste is not gonna change much, I tested it personally :D

I also have an easy apfelwein recipe, that I've found on some forum. It is a german cider, strong and bitter that has the kick (drooler)

I did it twice already and it is cheap and perfect for the summer

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f25/man-i-love-apfelwein-14860/

Hey that looks good and simple! I think i'll give it a try thanks Alex!

Okay Mick you have insulted women and Portland in 2 lines!(nono) Bad rep points coming your way!DOH!Just kidding!:D

Wait I said I was going to stop talking about rep points.:eek: Too late!DOH!

LOL but it's so fun to insult Portland LOL

An hey, I was just kidding :P Jess drives better than 90% of the guys I know LOL

I never tried. Maybe we can brew a batch all together.

The pnwmas mead

Hey Alex, any chance you could possibly get a recipe for mead?

And if he does, would any of you home brewers be interested in attempting it? LOL