Looking for lighting!!

gwalkerss

Thats a great deal and would work very nice for your system. I would likely still save up a few more dollars and stick with the Metal Halides though if you plan on keeping clams or really start getting into sps. You will most definately see the difference in color and effect. There really is no comparison. Look at several tanks for yourself and see what you like. Read the books and check out articles. Most of the research that I have done have lead me to conclude that to properly emulate the sun in a reef system, the closest thing we can get to mother nature is Metal Halide lighting. You will also find that in hard corals the best growth is achieved in general using Metal Halides. For cost effectiveness and to spare yourself a few skin burns you might want to go with t5's, but for true brilliance and coral growth, go with the Metal Halides. Of course if you are only keeping softies, there is no reason to have Metal Halides over t5's. I gues it all depends on what you think you are ultimately going to be most interested in keeping. Metal Halides will handle them all.