Noisy woman sentenced to jail

spayne

Mrs. Noisy Gets A Year In Prison

Fri Apr 21, 9:08 AM ET

A woman who made herself a minor celebrity in Japan by constantly screaming insults at passers-by and blaring out music while beating bedding on her balcony, was sentenced to a year in jail Friday for causing physical harm.

Miyoko Kawahara, 59, kept up the assault on her neighbors' eardrums daily over a period of two and a half years, forcing at least one nearby resident to seek treatment for insomnia and headaches.

A court in the western Japanese city of Nara sentenced the woman who became known nationally as "Mrs Noisy" to a year in prison, saying she had shown no repentance for her actions, domestic media said.

Kawahara is likely to be released in about three months, after consideration for time already served.

"I am worried about what will happen when she comes back," one neighbor told reporters outside the court.

I'm going to have to move to Japan now! Sorry guys! But a country that sends people to jail for being noisy. Ah, bliss! :D

Stacy

So' date=' does that mean you don't want to live in my neighborhood?:p[/quote']

Depends on if you're noisy or not! rofl

Seriously, I have some kids on this street that from time to time will ride dirtbikes up and down the street. Up and down, up and down, up and down... Easter Sunday, trying to eat my meal in peace. Brap braaaaaap! :mad:

Stacy

Or in ours....We like our movies LOUD!

Not to mention, if I am watching a live dvd of NIN concert...it needs to be at concert volume or it's not good enough. rock2

Heck yah!!! If my ears aren't ringing when its over, it was not loud enough!!(agree)