Pictures of my tank

NoobtoSalt

Nice pictures Jesse! It appears the saltwater hobby addiction bug has taken a strong foothold!(laugh)

So cool your boy is into the hobby too! Our kids just say.." Do we really have to go to another fish store?....."DOH!

Once he gets his tank I'm sure my tank will be a little less full with corals..DOH!

But that just means I get more for my tank I guess.

• 2 weeks later...

So I went to Rose City for a clean up crew and left with my wife buying me a pair of black and whites and an anenome for my bday!! The person that tells me not to keep spending money on my tank let me spend money today! It was great! I wish my bday was everyday..lol

My old anenome is now in the 29 gallon biocube for my son. Not sure if were going to keep it or get a different one yet for him.

IMG_1009.jpg

IMG_1008.jpg

IMG_1007.jpg

good luck with the anemone. looks pretty bleached which is normal for a stressed out anemone. they expel all there zooanxellate out when stressed. try feeding it garlic soaked meaty foods when you feed the other fish. probably going to have to distract the clowns until they start hosting it and feeding it themselves. if it doesn't start to color up in a month it might not make it. if you haven't read up on them yet, i'd suggest it. anemone's aren't the easiest things to keep. you don't want a dead one in your tank for very long either. it will make a big goopy mess.

good luck with the anemone. looks pretty bleached which is normal for a stressed out anemone. they expel all there zooanxellate out when stressed. try feeding it garlic soaked meaty foods when you feed the other fish. probably going to have to distract the clowns until they start hosting it and feeding it themselves. if it doesn't start to color up in a month it might not make it. if you haven't read up on them yet' date=' i'd suggest it. anemone's aren't the easiest things to keep. you don't want a dead one in your tank for very long either. it will make a big goopy mess.[/quote']

Thanks for the heads up. I've had one in my tank for awhile now (probably 5 months) but I got this one today. The picture makes it look more bleached out than what it really is. I just have a crappy camera...and with the 10k halides it doesn't help. I've got a buddy of mine with a nice DSLR so I might have him come over tomorrow and take some real nice pictures of it so I can post them up. The clowns are already hosting it that was part of the reason I got it. I've been wanting a black and white pair to host a nem and this was the perfect setup. I was going to do a bubble tip but my wife and I both liked the color on this nem better. And your right, I don't want to deal with a cleanup of that mess...

Wish me luck!!

in my opinion truly hosting a clown is feeding as well. if they feed it great, my clowns will go into anything but will steal food out of the anemone if they aren't hosting it. just because they sleep in it, doesn't mean they are hosting it. if they are then your one step ahead of the game. i have a hard time keeping my seabae afoot. he's always floating around. same with my long tentacle, but the two rose bubbles seem to like where they are at. my rose bubble has trippled in size since its split about 3 months ago.

in my opinion truly hosting a clown is feeding as well. if they feed it great' date=' my clowns will go into anything but will steal food out of the anemone if they aren't hosting it. just because they sleep in it, doesn't mean they are hosting it. if they are then your one step ahead of the game. i have a hard time keeping my seabae afoot. he's always floating around. same with my long tentacle, but the two rose bubbles seem to like where they are at. my rose bubble has trippled in size since its split about 3 months ago.[/quote']

I've already caught it floating in the tank tonight. I'm hoping that now that it has attached to a rock it will stay put. It refused the krill tonight that I was trying to feed it but I'm sure it's pretty pissed that I was trying to keep it stationary and grab ahold of something. My other nem didn't have this issue but who knows.. I see what you mean now..DOH!

oh btw' date=' i have a DSLR and one of those aquari-scopes if u ever want to borrow them.[/quote']

I might take you up on the offer on the aquariscope at some point in time. I meant to get with you on that other tank this week but not sure if I'm going to have time now until next weekend.

Here's some updated pictures. For some reason my cell phone can take a better picture with the halides on then my digital camera. My buddy took some nice pictures from the tank on Saturday so once he goes through all of them I will post some of those as well.

Hairy Mushrooms. These have grown quite a bit in the tank already.

IMG00212-20100705-1817.jpg

Side picture of one of the new clowns in the tank

IMG00211-20100705-1816.jpg

Devils Hand with Blue Hippo (kind of..)

IMG00210-20100705-1816.jpg

Lord Acan's healed and lots more growth. I need to find a rock to mount these on soon. They are growing way over the plug already.

IMG00208-20100705-1815.jpg

Big red mushrooms. I will probably have a frag or two of these avaliable soon.

IMG00206-20100705-1814.jpg

Clown with the long tentacle anenome

IMG00205-20100705-1814.jpg