Second Member's Only Zoa Grow-out Decision Poll

jgf86123

Second Member's Only Zoa Grow-out Decision Poll  

1. 1.

• Go with Bay Corals
    • Find another seller

Ok, so it's time to do some voting, sorry this is late, but, well, life calls at times LOL.

Ok, so, just to recap, here's the people we have signed up:

jgf86123(Mick)

Emerald525(Kim)

Tanktop74(Beth) - grower volunteer

sharoleb

Impur(Miles)

snowpunk(Brandon)

Frank - tentative

Chief(Jay)

moovinfast

Randy-S(Randy) - pending paid membership - grower volunteer

h2odvl

Mr S(Roger)

jackaninny

KMiller

undrtakr_00

MissDeffiance

Alterego

mytshall(Mike) - wants Rastas bad lol

faithkjy - pending paid membership

puntific(Scott)

Big Dave

grassi(Alex/Jamie) - tentative

CA2OR(Eric) - grower volunteer

reefnjunkie(the crazy one)

lewisriverfisherman(Brandon) - pending paid membership

bswe22(Bryan)

ReefSafari(David and Amanda)

If you have paid your membership dues, please message me and we will get it sorted out.

Our volunteer growers are:

Randy-S aka Randy

tanktop74 aka Beth

CA2OR aka Eric

mytshall aka Mike

Mr S aka Roger - volunteered to grow-out with his school kids either the freebies or baring no freebies, I vote he gets 2 or 3 of the cheaper frags.

Bay Corals has sent us a list with everything on it, all 17 zoas, for 480 shipped, here is the list:

1 Candy Apple Orange - $50

1 Jason Fox Bloodshot zoa paly - $80

1 Blue Agave PE Paly - $50

1 Electric Lady PE paly - $20

1 Five Color Rainbow zoa - $30

1 Kaleidoscope Zoa - $50

1 Velvet Moss zoa - $5

1 Dragon Eye Zoa - $20 for 2polyp frag

1 Red Halo PE Paly - $50

1 Rasta Zoa - $50

1 Rising Sun zoa - $15

1 yellow lunar - $30

1 tiger zoa - $20

1 Galaxy PE - $20

1 Speckled people eater - $20

1 King Midas Zoa - $10

1 Marijane zoa - $40

Shipping - $40

Total - 600

YOUR PRICE - $480 Shipped

Plus he has offered us an 8 chalice and 2 favia pack for an additional 200 bucks, it can be found here

It's up to you folks, I told him to give me a few days to get the voting done and I'd let him know, so, do we go with this one, or do we find another one?

Let me know, this poll will be open for 48 hours, at the end of that time, we will be ordering depending on how the vote goes.

Thanks

Mick

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Second Member's Only Zoa Grow-out Decision Poll

I vote no for the chalices and favia's as I can't house any of those so they hold no value to me.

So how much each for the zoa's?

Should we have a vote for the growers?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Do we really need to vote on the growers? There is a whole 3 of us, if Randy-s is a paid member plus Mr S. With 17 zoas that is 4-6 zoas a piece to grow out. I really don't want to be responsible for more than that!!

Just my opinion.

Beth

I vote no for the chalices and favia's as I can't house any of those so they hold no value to me.

So how much each for the zoa's?

Should we have a vote for the growers?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Well lets put it in perspective for all those that have not done this.... We buy 17 zoas now for $20 bucks each and you will get them over time... gotta grow out enough for everyone first! SO... eventually you will have your 17 zoas (we hope, as long as there is no loss) some time down the line... Could be as long as a year for some, right Mick? Am I getting this correctly???

And, here's an update on the chalices, if you are interested in the chalices, please message me and I will compile a group to see who wants in on those, it will be extra though, and be a longer process.

Just for your group I can do AT LEAST 3 eyes on all the chalice and favias, except number 4 because there's not many eyes on that one. It will be 1-2 eyes for number 4. It's still a good deal considering it's about $20 per frag and shipping is included too!!! I have a few of these packs available, so if someone is greedy and wants a package all to himself. Let me know. thanks again for coming back Mick

Hung

www.baycorals.com

Is there any room in the "Second Members Only Zoa Grow-Out"? I paid for a membership' date=' and would love to join if there is room for another person.[/quote']

On one condition - no more Beavs talk (wife)(wife)

(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)(laugh)

Welcome to the club!!! :D

Chalice

Wasn't all that impressed with the chalices. I would like a frag of that second favia though see if he'll give us a price on just that.

I can be a grower for some ZOAs as well.

Didn't we say NO on the dragon eyes since people here already have them.

On one condition - no more Beavs talk (wife)(wife)

Welcome to the club!!! :D

Thats going to be a tough one..(plotting) Its just hard not to when I see your posts...Your signature picture and avatar makes it hard to keep my mouth shut..(clap)

This might be a stupid question...but bare with me..DOH! Is this basically like the "GOC" grow out competition? Where a group of people buy into a mother colony and it gets fragged up and there is a competition as to who can grow the most Zoas?

Not at all Reef, what we do with this one is we pool our money, buy frags of really nice zoas that normally we wouldnt buy because of their per polyp price, and then once they're grown out enough, ie, have enough polyps, it's split between everyone in the group.

With some of these, you might get a frag in 4-5 months, on others, it might be a year, its just the nature of their growth LOL.

Pass on the chalice pack ( I think having 34 is plenty for me-(nutty))- I have had that one mycedium-it has 5 inch sweepers-NOT good

Not sure how the growers go or if it a secret ballot?????

Eric has my vote for the top spot-taking the most sensitive and nicest-No Eric I'm not being my sarcastic self-;)

Randy being #2 if he is in-

Those are my top 2 picks in order-they have been at this longer than anyone I know and have proven their growing strengths-

No offense meant, so don’t take it that way-

Maybe I end all my posts with that, or add it to my sig-(laugh)

Since we only have 4 growers :P we're not going to bother with voting on growers LOL

LOL

Plus, to make it easier for all involved, I'm going to have everything shipped to Beth, the growers can make plans to meet up with her to pick up the frags they're going to be growing lol.