WTB: In desperate need of MH lighting.

NoobtoSalt

I do water changes every 2 weeks.

PH 8.2

Salinity 1.024

Temp 76.8 to 78.8

Nitrates and Nitrites 0

of course I only use tap water....lol jk.. I've been using water from Seahorse lately but not sure if I'm going to make the switch over to SWF RODI. I buy most of my stuff from SWF except the water.

what kind of salt are you using? are you testing for calcium, alkalinity and magnesium, those values would be helpful for us to see too?

any powerheads in the tank or a closed loop to provide flow? i've found lots of flow is helpful with hard corals.

The salt that I've been using is Instant Ocean.

I just got a Koralia 1050 earlier this week and it has helped with flow a lot in the tank.

Not sure what my Calcium, alkalinity, or magnesium levels are. I think I'm going to go down to SWF today so I might just bring down a water sample to see what's up. I have the kit but am still a little unsure on how to use it the right way..lol

And everyone here says I should throw away my strips.

instant ocean salt is fine but testing for CA, Alk and MG is important. definitely throw away the strips! you can figure out the test kits, you'll need to test those parameters on a regular basis.

i was checking out craigslist and saw this light, have you contacted them for additional info? looks like it's exactly what you are looking for. link is below.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/1692233812.html

instant ocean salt is fine but testing for CA, Alk and MG is important. definitely throw away the strips! you can figure out the test kits, you'll need to test those parameters on a regular basis.

i was checking out craigslist and saw this light, have you contacted them for additional info? looks like it's exactly what you are looking for. link is below.

http://portland.craigslist.org/clk/for/1692233812.html

I've already sent two emails to them. Not sure how interested they are to sell it if they haven't replied back yet.

Thanks for looking though. I think I'm going to start checking the kit right now and I will post results if I can get it to do what I need it too.