Brightwell Nep Mag

reefnjunkie

Anybody out there using the Brightwell Neo Mag (not Nep Mag as the title says) in their Ca Reactor or through a canister of types?

Just curious how it maintains your mag levels versus dosing mag and your overall experience opinion on the product-I think a few are using it but not certain on the results

And for the crowd that says

(worthless)

here ya go-;)

NeoMag1.jpg

Make sure you research Brightwell products carefully' date=' the science behind many of them is unsound. RHF points out problems here, here and in several other threads.

Will do, I have quite a bit of the Mag chloride from my last BRS order but someone I ran across was adding this to their CRX and I was curious if others were using it and if so how long etc...

Thanks for the info-

Thumbs_up.gif

i used neo mag when i had my reactor. crushed dolomite, it worked very well and isnt like some of the other brightwell products now being scrutinized by fellow reefers. the key is raise the alk in your tank to your desired level, then follow instructions. also remember some tanks use a little more mag than others, so its really a guide for a starting point. you may find you need a little more or little less, but will only know over the course of a month or two. only add or subtract a very small amt when doing so! a few rocks will do. the c02 will begin to dissolve it immediately, test daily for a week then once weekly for a month til you find your tanks usage point. mine was 12% not the 10% specified.

i no longer use this, i went to a doser because i had large alk swings, my reactor was just too hard to adjust however the mag levels were super consistent and i would tell any reefer using a reactor to add this product inside it. makes life nice and easy.

frank....... you should read those articles and a few others on r.c, chris brightwell is making claims about several of his products that are not possible. while not being a chemist i do understand the complaints. while originally believing this could be an oversight, after looking into it, i realize this guy is not repairing his labels or even offering answers as to why this took place. i like to make recommendations based on my own personal exp. my exp with them also has been positive. however i see outright deception in their mag claims and choosing to avoid or resolve this is lame. in time people will learn more as always. later buddy.

hope this helps.

I bought it but have not put in in yet. My mag was running low for awhile, I tested my Salt water in the AWC barrel and found it low. I have 50g packs of salt so now when I make up water (twice a month) I have premeasured mag and calcium to buffer it up, since then my mag has stayed right at 1300

Thanks

My levels all stay pretty dang solid with the Reactors(s) and Mag only gets dosed maybe once a month-It stays right in the 1420-1440 range.

I was told that it is more to stabilize what ever level you are at (which would be my choice) as to increasing it.

I still have about 10lbs of Mag Chloride from BRS, it was just something I thought I may add into the second chamber Charles built for my CaRX.

• 1 month later...