From Frank's wife Sheri....

Frank

i would have it in a local grange and this would never happen

It would never happen if people were not dirt bags.

I say post up the names of those that were there. Let people make there own assumptions. I would also contact the police and at least file a report.

Just makes more people not want to invite people over. I have had the luck of meeting a few members and visiting there homes and tanks. Never have I thought "gee, I should steal from them".

I have such a low opinion of whomever this person is that if I knew who they were I wouldnt pee on them if they were on fire. This whole "times are tough" crap really gets me going. I dont care how broke I was, I would never steal from someone that invited me into there home and fed me.

I hope this person reads this and realizes how pathetic he or she is and returns the rings.

I think registering/signing in when you come to a meeting is a great idea!!! Not only does it give you names of those that attended. (hope it is not needed to find another thief)

But it would give the club a good record of how many people attend monthly meetings.

Back to the subject at hand.......... I was there! And I swear I had nothing to do with it. Again I hope they are found or returned ASAP!

VERY SAD!!! but a thief of this caliber probably has no conses so it wont bother them until karma steps in and unfortunately you probably wont see it so your right by moving on if things are not returned.But on another note don't stop trusting just be more aware that there are low life's out there.And folks don't stop sharing something you love with others because of one dirt bag.

VERY SAD!!! but a thief of this caliber probably has no conses so it wont bother them until karma steps in and unfortunately you probably wont see it so your right by moving on if things are not returned.But on another note don't stop trusting just be more aware that there are low life's out there.And folks don't stop sharing something you love with others because of one dirt bag.

And to that effect I would like to host in the near future (I always thought meetings werew for paid members) once my tank isint so emberassing and I get the wife to ok it (she is not into my hobby and "she dosent get it" as she puts it)

WOW! this truly is heartbreaking to read. You tend to think of people on the board & club as a sort of an extended family and besides you just do not treat people that are nice to you this way. Is there any possible way they may have gotten knocked into the fireplace & are underneath some ashes? I for sure would file a police report. And whomever did this PLEASE restore my faith in mankind & return them, if not, remember karmas a *****.

Wow... I just read all three pages of this. I can not believe someone would do this.

Im not in complete shock often, but I am now.

I was over by the fireplace for awhile talking to others. I remember someone had a container up on the mantle. Is it possible that when they went remove it that the rings fell to the floor or something? I dont remember what kind of floors/rug you had, but could the rings been stepped on and shoved deep into the carpet?

I dont know... just hoping that this is what happened. I dont want to believe someone would steal them.

I didnt know alot of people at the meeting, but alot were familar faces. I agree that we should have a sign in sheet. It certainly not going to help this time though.

I hope you find them. I hope I will be seeing a message from you saying.. "Gee, silly me. I found them."

I wish there was something I could do to help.

Tammy

Re: From Frank's wife Sheri....

I think registering/signing in when you come to a meeting is a great idea!!! Not only does it give you names of those that attended. (hope it is not needed to find another thief)

But it would give the club a good record of how many people attend monthly meetings.

Back to the subject at hand.......... I was there! And I swear I had nothing to do with it. Again I hope they are found or returned ASAP!

+1 on signing it at meetings it is exactly this kind of behavior that destroys activities like this and in turn potentially the club as a whole would/could feel detrimental effects.

To say this sucks is an understatement in its self. I loathe thieves and would be so grateful to have a nice physical discussion with the low life scum bag POS that did this-

I really would like to know who was at the meeting, whether it comes from Sherry or Frank or whomever-

And if it is ever found out who did it, good old fashioned justice should be served-(enforcer)

None of this feel good, slap them on their wrist, maybe they can be rehabilitated garbage.

My idea involves a wrist(clap), but there is no slapping

Breathe Brad Breathe

You post the names, I'll get the rope-:D

• Like 2

Re: From Frank's wife Sheri....

here here......

Sharie

I am soooo disheartend by this event. I can only assume that you already searched for your rings. I would file a police report, it can not hurt and will flag at any pawn shops and TAKE a stand! Let yourself and every one else aware that you don't have to take this laying down. I fear others maybe correct is saying a thief most likely will not care enough to retrun them as they did not care in the 1st place. Signing in and leaving your contact info my make this less likely but one never knows.

I too felt like this club for the most part was extended freinds and for the most part have offered help when I could. I will think twice for sure. I am now glad that I have a very attentive dogs when I turn my back.

I know it doesn't help but I am truely sorry for your loss.

Thief.... shame on you and yours.

Beckie

Sheri this offended no one I'm sure. I'm so so so sorry this happened!

I, Jacob Noes was at the meeting and this couldn't of happened to anyone nicer! After the meeting Frank volunteered to drive me to two different Aquarium stores (I'm new here and never been to the stores) he shared his ideas and time with me just because he is so kind. Then I was on my way out and Sheri invited me to have a wonderful dinner with them and Franks parents. They are such a giving and thoughtful family! All this and Frank in unemployed (hope your interview went well!).

Please Please Please send/give these rings and the hope that people are trustworthy back!

I'll trade you $150 for the rings! I know it isn't a lot but you'll have the money and wont have this on your conchens for the rest of your life.

• Like 1

First off Sorry to here the news. Second was not at the meeting but have known Frank and Sheri for a few years now and they are great people(rock2) This does not need to happen anyewhere especially at a meeting. I have heard of people stealing from a LFS and that sucks period. Stealing from people who open up there home to people on a local forum well(flame)

As Sheri stated I hope you think about what you did when you spend the money or just look at the rings. Just remember KARMA will get the best of you! Second hopefully it is no one that I know(sad)

I was there! I sat on the edge of the fireplace for a little while, talking and trading frags. To be honest I never noticed if there was a mantle... and if I had I am so short I couldn't have seen what was on it!

I am still in shock! Frank is a good guy, done so much for me and Emerald525, working on our tank, helping set up my Apex, answering questions late into the evening! He doesn't deserve this! And to do this while he unemployed!! It just infuriates me!!!(flame)

It has also changed my mind for now of hosting a meeting this summer. I will hold off until I can trust our small community again!

Whom ever took them, package them up and mail it back to them! NO questions asked, just mail them back!

So sorry this happened to you Frank!

Beth

To say this sucks is an understatement in its self. I loathe thieves and would be so grateful to have a nice physical discussion with the low life scum bag POS that did this-

I really would like to know who was at the meeting, whether it comes from Sherry or Frank or whomever-

And if it is ever found out who did it, good old fashioned justice should be served-(enforcer)

None of this feel good, slap them on their wrist, maybe they can be rehabilitated garbage.

My idea involves a wrist(clap), but there is no slapping

Breathe Brad Breathe

You post the names, I'll get the rope-:D

Moto our meetings have been at others homes. This has allowed many of use nebies to see and gain valubile knowledge from WONDERFUL reefers that at times have truned into freinds.That is why this is so shocking for many here.

Sherri please let Frank know he is supported!!

Beckie

+1 on signup sheet (should be done just to enter in the club record)

+1 on members only ($25 ain't that big a price)

+1 on being cautious and closing doors (it's not rude)

+5 on introducing yourself to a new face (no judgement here because I think it's a lost art these days but I had to initiate this with the five people I met on Sunday and it was my first meeting - I had already met Alex, Eric and Dexter)

+100 for the next person who opens their house for a meeting (your trust karma will be off the scale)

I am completely speechless. I have met so many unbelievably kind and giving people through this hobby, to see this type of behavior from someone in the community shocks and saddens me me.

I'm with reefnjunkie. Make it hurt just to think about ever stealing again(enforcer)

+5 on introducing yourself to a new face (no judgement here because I think it's a lost art these days but I had to initiate this with the five people I met on Sunday and it was my first meeting - I had already met Alex, Eric and Dexter)

This was also my first meeting. In a large setting I am a very shy person, I would have liked to meet some more people there, knew a few before the meeting, but no one that was there walked up to welcome or say hi and introduce themselves, expect Mandinga who I was swapping some frags with.

I suggest the dreaded name tags you pick up when you sign in!!

OK.. back to topic!!

RETURN FRANKS RINGS!!!!

Sorry to hear

I was there at the meeting. The only time I was over by the fireplace was for the frag swapping. Didn't see any rings at that point. Not sure if you went through the fireplace yet or not but there were coolers on the mantle. Hoping it gets back to you one way or another.

I think the name tags would be a good idea plus a sign up. I hope that whoever did this can feel the disgust we have towards them.

We have a small community where we deservedly trust each other.

Thanks for breaking that trust [language filter].

This is Frank......... Just wanted to thank everyone for your kind words.

What has happened will not stop me from having meetings. I believe this was a one time deal and I know this club is better than this..... I do take blame for my failure to put away my personal items. But I will not let someone cause fear for me to have another meeting. I will volunteer to have one next month...I will just be more aware moving forward.

Let's try to get past this because I believe in karma...so we need to go forward with club issues.