From Frank's wife Sheri....

Frank

No Brad, the world is just as dark as you and I both see it, there are just the occasional rays of sunshine that manage to make it through the Hellstorm clouds that have been gathering for centuries.

Yes, I have serious issues with people, this is why I am known as anti-social, I can interact fine online, in person, in groups, I get EXTREMELY paranoid and going to parties/clubs/concerts all = MAJORLY STUPIDLY BAD idea, trust me, I know from experience.

I has a very bad temper and can't always control it the easiest, its why I'm not allowed out of the house armed anymore, long story, you DON'T want to know, trust me.

Glad you got your rings back guys, and glad to see that even though its only the rare occasional occurence, the sun does manage to shine through at times.

TMI Mick (laugh) Thanks for raining on the happy parade! Geez!DOH!Regarding your temper... I kinda got that from your postings sometimes which is why I am proud of you when you actually show some restraint!:D

And Mick, I know if I was in a bind and really needed your help, you would be there. Just don't bring any firearms:eek:

I for one think it's great because I did not think the person would mail them back! That's awesome whoever you were! Way to do the right thing!

I also tend to focus on the positive! I'm not a Susie Sunshine or Pollyanna but on the whole I was impressed with how supportive everyone was of Frank and Sherie!

So cool you got the rings back!

(From Sheri)

Happy Ending....Frank's rings have shown up in our mailbox!!! We are both SO thankful and appreciative. There was a note that stated the person did find them on the floor and pocketed them. They did apologize for not checking with us to see if they were ours....among "other" things in the note.

QUOTE]

Wow, that is amazing - and against the odds. Thanks to the individual for (eventually) doing the right thing.

I tend to believe the best of people. This is one of those situation where I feel like most people are more good than not. Thank you to whomever you are. I understand temporary lapses in judgement. They happen. Thank you for doing the right thing.

Frank and Sherri, I am so happy that you got the rings back. woohoo!

A few things:

First, I am very happy that the person had the strength to return those rings. It shows that that person did have some guilt and does have at least some moral values.

Second, I REALLY hope this does not disuade anyone from wanting to hold a meeting at their house. These things happen very infrequently with our club, so I hope this will not repeat in the future.

I feel pretty safe in saying that anyone whom does such a thing would not hold a membership with our club for very long, or at least I would petition for that.. Sorry, but I don't buy the whole "I found them on the carpet" story. Nope, no good there. even when I find things at work I have the common sense to return them to the receptionist for the righful owner to claim.

Again, I am very glad they were returned but very VERY dissapointed this happened in the first place.

Frank and Sherrie, please accept the Club's apology for the worry that was caused to you guys. Without people like you gracious enough to host events, this club would not be what it is today.

happy endings are good.

thanks all.

This is a wonderful news! I really didn't think this was gonna happen but I was wrong and I'm positively surprised. I'm so happy that your rings and memories are back where they belongs. Frank and Sheri.. you lost the opportunity for a romantic weekend we were trying to organize for you to try to forget what happens... but I feel having the rings back is WAY better!!!!

Meriadoc Brandybuck and all the hobbits from the land of saltwater tanks

Hopefully it is just a fluke and you find it somewhere in your house, nothing worse than something like that to put a damper on trusting others in your own home.

I couldn't read all of it, I'm glad you got it back, i will back up and read now. :)

very cool that there are people out there with some sort of conciseness, very glad you got it back.

Wow, what a cool story. I wasn't at the meeting and halfway through reading this I was glad of that. By the end of this I wished I had been. I hope whoever did this whether they returned them or not will also have it in them to resign from going to anymore meetings.

Kudos to Sherri and Frank, we have never met but I would like to meet someday, Especially after reading your reply's to this, it shows great character the way the both of you handled yourselves (or at least an ability to bite your tongue) I am sticking with the prior. So glad to hear this worked out in the end:)

Im so so happy that this had a happy ending. Dont hear about them nearly enough.

For what ever the reason that this person changed there mind about what they did and returned the rings, Im so happy that they did.

The guilt must of been too much for them.

I cant believe the person that did this was on probably on this thread saying, how shock they were that someone did this. The person is still among us, but at least they did the right thing at returned the rings. That truly accounts for something. But Im still sickened that it happened in the first place.

I was at SWF talking to Pat yesterday, he was saying at the last meeting he had there, that test kits were stolen from him. Wow, I can't believe someone would do that either. I consider him a friend as most of us do, how the heck can this happen is beyond me.

Im very glad the person did the right thing in the end.

Frank and Sherri, your truly some very good people in my book.

The good: I underestimated the person who stole the rings and they actually did the right thing and returned them.

The bad: We are likely never going to know who stole the rings. It could have been a newbie, paid member, nonmember, etc so the underlying suspicion is going to be there for many. I would just advise letting it go because the one you may think it is could be completely innocent.

The good:Frank and Sheri's responses and willingness to still host meetings even after this.

The bad:I am more reluctant to host a meeting not because I have any prized possessions I can live without but because it makes me sad to feel like I have to lock up my jewelry and put away my credit cards and cash. I have hosted many parties and unlike some in this forum, I have never had anything go missing.

The good:I have been impressed with the people I have met.

Queen Angel bought yumas from us and it was attached to a bigger piece of rock so she felt she had to pay more for it because it was the right thing to do.

Grassi let us borrow his pump for the live rock we bought from him when it was the only second time we met.

We met Frank only once when we looked at his tank and he came over a month later to help us with our Kalkreactor.

Tim from Westside took pity on us and helped us set up the calcium reactor we bought from him.

Brad, reefnjunkie, gave us some great tips and has pmd me many times about questions I have had and even offered me a leather coral which I didn't take

Spectra dropped off a used jar of reef chili at our home at no cost.

Forgive me for those of you who I have forgotten. My point is I have had way more positive experiences of people going above and beyond to help without asking for anything in return.

I am so happy for you both! Your loss hint me pretty hard the day I read your note. As many less than caring people run side ways through our lifes. I can't say I believe that finding some thing on the floor in any ones home means "finders keepers".

I am happy they are where they should be. Another love story to share about a circle of ring.

Beckie