From Frank's wife Sheri....

Frank

(This is Sheri...Frank's wife) Not sure where to post this...Frank specifically asked me NOT to post...but as he is not home right now...here it is:

My husbands rings were on the fireplace at the time of the meeting...and are no longer there. (Frank feels this is his fault for not moving them to our bedroom). When things like this occur you want to think to yourself...someone needed this/these more than you. I'd like to think that is true. So to whomever took them: The rings were special...The Diamond ring was given to Frank when we promised to each other that we would marry someday. Well that day came and..the Ruby was given to Frank from myself on the day of our wedding...it took me (3) months to find the perfect stone and lots of saving and "secret shopping" so he wouldn't know he was getting a ring style/type he had been wanting forever. Yes...they are only possessions...but they meant a great deal to us. So as I cry over what has been lost (not just rings...memories) my hope is YOU REALLY needed them and when you look at them or spend the funds you gained from selling them...I hope you appreciate the time, energy and karma that came with them.

If you decide you would like to send them back...our address is: 12190 SW Merestone CT, Tigard, OR **PLEASE CONSIDER THIS OPTION***

To those of you who came and the above message does not pertain to you...I am so sorry if I have offended anyone by posting it but I am VERY upset. Frank really did enjoy having everyone over to our home and loves his hobby very much.

Sheri, I am glad you posted this...seems like law enforcement needs to be involved in some capacity.

Whoever took it, SEND IT BACK! There were only like 25 people there...

This is how good things go bad. Doubt I would consider hosting an event with some schmuck stealing things from people who are nice enough to open their homes and feed you for free. Lowlife Scumbag

Very Sad Indeed as my son would say "God will punch (punish) them" as for me I wish copper in their tank

I think the copper is a good idea, except that it would harm a lot of the animals that we care about. That would not be acceptable.

dsoz

[language filter], that's really low. The loss of trust makes things even worse. I hope the rings turn up (I've later found stuff I was positive one of my kids' friends had snagged), but if they don't I hope the filthy thief suffers.

Well this is not new I hate to say. On a LOT smaller item. (Value) I brought Tubes in there boxes, of ICE-GEL. Super glue from BSI. To a past meeting. I was only selling them for $10 bucks. I counted several times the number I was coming with to the meeting. I did sell some but with my paranoia I have I tried to keep an eye on the box, with the boxes. When I was closer to the tank in the front, I say a gentleman take one and head out the garage instantly. I didn't know who it was as it was soooo fast. I went to look but he was gone. (meeting was ending)

My point is the world has changed and will never be the same. I am a Real Estate Broker. I have to insist that my clients remove any cash, jewelry and guns that are not physically attached to them. Oh and meds to.

Check the pawn shops and drop off pictures to them AFTER you check them out real good

I think the copper is a good idea, except that it would harm a lot of the animals that we care about. That would not be acceptable.

yeah sorry wasnt thinking clearly, How about being stung by his/her own coral?

I've had a very sneaky theif for about 6 months now I even set up a camera to catch whoever it is but, it was stolen. The very first thing they took was a SD card with our familys vacation pics from last summer. I hadnt backed them up yet. So I feel the loss of stolen memories.

I hope your rings find thier way home.

Un-freaking-believable. I'm so very sorry to hear this, some things really aren't replacable. This is especially messed up since those of us on the forum know Frank is also out of work, way to kick someone while they are down.

I really hope whoever did this will do the right thing and mail them back..

-Jamie

(From Sheri)

Thank you for your kind words everyone. I really am just downright sick over the loss of the rings....not the monetary value but the significance of meaning that the items have.

I truly hope someone will return them. And no they were not within children's reach. They were on the fireplace and the funny thing is Frank and I both "almost" moved them before the party. I left them on purpose to remind me to dust up there before the party. And the most ironic part is Frank is very trusting and ALWAYS tells me to be as well....when I seen the rings up there and made the mental note to move them when I dusted I thought to myself...."gosh Sheri....no one would take those anyway"...and actually felt bad for the thought even crossing my mind.

Once again....to whomever has them....PLEASE return them. This is all I am going to say on this issue as it is too depressing and I do not want to become bitter over this...life is too short.

To steal stuff from somebody's house is mean, even more when they are items with emotional value. And rings always are.

Frank and Sheri opened their house, gave you their time and a table plenty of food: wasn't that enough for you?

I really hope you are sending them back or you will ruin Frank and Sheri trust on people, and particularly of the "friends" on the forum.

Me and Jamie were thinking about hosting one of the next meetings. I guess I should organize a full body check when people are leaving?

Please, just send them back, you will feel really good.

Alex

WOW, this is UNBELIEVABLE! If we have to worry about who is coming to our homes for these meetings it makes me wondering if I should ever host one again. I know that seems drastic but what if it was something where my daughter was put into danger, definitely not worth the risk.

I had something vandalized during the first meeting I hosted, nothing compared to theft but not good. The leather couch downstairs in front of the reeftank had about a 4" tear in the center cushion after the meeting. Definitely wasn't there before. Maybe it happened by accident when someone sat down with something in their pocket or set something on the couch but seems unlikely in my opinion.

Hope the rings are returned.

WOW, this is UNBELIEVABLE! If we have to worry about who is coming to our homes for these meetings it makes me wondering if I should ever host one again. I know that seems drastic but what if it was something where my daughter was put into danger, definitely not worth the risk.

I had something vandalized during the first meeting I hosted, nothing compared to theft but not good. The leather couch downstairs in front of the reeftank had about a 4" tear in the center cushion after the meeting. Definitely wasn't there before. Maybe it happened by accident when someone sat down with something in their pocket or set something on the couch but seems unlikely in my opinion.

Hope the rings are returned.

Wow, the more I hear the less likely I want to host a meeting now.(flame) The sad part is whoever came into Frank's house as an invited guest, ate the food Sheri prepared, and then took the rings that obvious had sentimental value does not have much of a conscience and will likely not return them. Madinga is right. There weren't that many people there so it should be able to narrow down the possibilities. I know the economy is bad and times are tough but really? whoever you are? really? Particularly when Frank is unemployed?

Maybe the events should be for paying members only? This may not solve the problem, but honestly...broadcasting an address and invitation to anyone with a computer could have it's consequences.

I remember the first one I went to...at SMANN'S pad. I was blown away that I didn't have to register or know anyone at all to attend...I'm all for trusting people, but this may need a little more attention...

It only takes one person to steal memories from Frank and Sheri and one person to ruin these great events for the rest of us.

This makes me sick to my stomach. I can't believe that someone in this small community would stoop so low as to steal from a family's home. There is a special hot rock in hell for this person.

You should post names of everyone who was there and maybe that will help bring the person out. All I can say is WOW! And from now on maybe we should have a sign in sheet so we can know who is attending the meetings and who could be questioned if this ever happens again, God forbid.