Hello everyone

Jules

I love trimma gobies!! Gotta get one of those!! You need to upgrade soon anyways! So how do you feel about a 100 gallon tank or at least a 75!! Yeah!! Jon a.k.a newfisher and I will help you set it up!

Welcome to the forum and the most wonderful addiction in the world!!!

Clay

Considering that I am layed off from work are you going to buy it for me? (laugh)

I will eventually get a bigger tank and keep this one as well, just start whole new tank. Till then I really want to work on this one and making it better little by little.

Thanks Stylaster for the welcome too!

I love trimma gobies!! Gotta get one of those!! You need to upgrade soon anyways! So how do you feel about a 100 gallon tank or at least a 75!! Yeah!! Jon a.k.a newfisher and I will help you set it up!

Welcome to the forum and the most wonderful addiction in the world!!!

Clay

Where the hell were you and newfisher when I needed you to help set up my 150 FOWLR?DOH!

I thought my arms were going to fall off trying to help carry the thing. Glass is way heavier than acrylic!:eek: and tanktop74's about as much help lifting things as my corgi!(laugh)

Where the hell were you and newfisher when I needed you to help set up my 150 FOWLR?DOH!

I thought my arms were going to fall off trying to help carry the thing. Glass is way heavier than acrylic!:eek: and tanktop74's about as much help lifting things as my corgi!(laugh)

Hey now... I tried... but It was too heavy and my back couldn't take it!!

Welcome aboard Jules.

I am in beaverton as well, so when you are ready for some corals let me know and I can get you started with some decent frags (no charge). I started out with a similar system as yours and I replaced the stock lighting with a 150w halide (sunpod). Worked great but heated things up a bit (a decent fan took care of that).

Hi Jules

This is a very addicting hobby. Of all the hobbies that have come and gone in my life, this one has been around since '85. I got out of it when we first moved back here in 95, thinking I didnt want to do it anymore. I had all my fish stuff moved up here with me too. I sold the tanks but kept the matching 125 gallon stands. Not longer after I again bought a 125. Now I have a 220 FOWLR (fish only with live rock) I have alot of softies now too.

Even with all the years I been in this hobby, I still know less than most everyone on here. I dont consider myself high tech with my equipment on my tank, the more I get out and go to the meetings the more I learn.

It is so nice to see other people tanks.

Welcome to the Club, I call it PMS for short LOL.

Hope to meet you soon, are you going to the meeting?

Tammy

Hi Jules

This is a very addicting hobby. Of all the hobbies that have come and gone in my life, this one has been around since '85. I got out of it when we first moved back here in 95, thinking I didnt want to do it anymore. I had all my fish stuff moved up here with me too. I sold the tanks but kept the matching 125 gallon stands. Not longer after I again bought a 125. Now I have a 220 FOWLR (fish only with live rock) I have alot of softies now too.

Even with all the years I been in this hobby, I still know less than most everyone on here. I dont consider myself high tech with my equipment on my tank, the more I get out and go to the meetings the more I learn.

It is so nice to see other people tanks.

Welcome to the Club, I call it PMS for short LOL.

Hope to meet you soon, are you going to the meeting?

Tammy

LOL thats too funny (PMS)(laugh) I'm not a paying member yet so I will have to wait for the next go around. It sounds like it would be something I would like to do though.

Welcome... If you ever get up this way I can also try to set you up with some easy starter frags once you're ready if you want.

Believe it or not I am actually going to Longview to visit family next weekend and go fishing...I am very tempted to start something that doesn't need a huge amount of light but not sure. How would I transport it from there to here??

Thank you all for your welcomes, very friendly people on here, I like it (clap)

.....I'm not a paying member yet so I will have to wait for the next go around. It sounds like it would be something I would like to do though.

Too late for this meeting however everyone is always welcome at the monthly meetings regardless of the membership status. Generally it's a chance for someone here to show off their tank while everyone else oogles and awes over it. (drooler) While drooling is frowned upon I've never seen anyone get in trouble for it.;)

• 1 year later...

I everyone, I haven't been on in a few months, but I am trying to get back in the groove.

I just bought a used 20g tank for $100. It seems to have a somewhat decent set-up on it.

Marineland H.O.T canister filter w/ some type of skimmer attached to it(seems really cheap) and a HOB wet/dry marineland filter system. I have sw and about 1 inch of fine sand in it with the biowheel running. (2 days now) Still need to get some live rock for it.

My 12g is doing pretty good, no fish left in it my Blenny found a way to get thru a tiny gap and...well...you know how that goes. :(

My hermit crab took over my nauss shell.....cerith are just a snack for him now, he moved up to a bigger and better home. :D I was trying to get a good pod population going after moving and I think I over did it trying to put a little food in there for them, my nitrates went thru the roof before i new it, so working on getting that down atm.

Still not sure what I want to put in the 20g yet. The 12 I think i will get maybe some sexy shrimp, (the ones that dance?) little things like that, no fish for now.

I recently moved so