Firefish

Banggai Cardinal

3- Pepermint shrimp

1 Zebra snail

3- nassarious snails

6 hermits

serpent star

55 lbs LR

planning on 1 more fish and wanting a clown like maybe a black foot or onyx or? Any opinions or suggestions?

How long has the tank been set up? It doesn't seem to me that the tank would be large enough to support a mandarin even if it's been set up for a long time. Other than this it looks like a pair of clowns may be okay. With what you have now I don't think it really matters too much what type. It's really a coin toss with any damsels (clowns) as to whether they will be aggressive towards other fish or not.

Alternatively add a couple of more firefish. They are known to school in groups which could be cool.

I agree with all of you. I have been considering getting rid of the Mandarin since pods are a PITA to find around here. The tank has been up for about 5 years I got it about 3 months ago and it was "infested" with pods. I have noticed they are dwindling and have been adding tigger pods every couple of days. The problem now is catching her without tearing my tank apart. I also have been thinking of more firefish I just got this one lest weekend. I'm not reallu a fan of the skunks but I do like the nakeds. Black and white are also on my short list.

I dont have a skimmer. when I bought the tank it had a home made one that was too tall for where I put the tank. I'm going to buy a HOB (any opinions on these?) one probably next month. I've been doing about 6-7 gallons every other week and tests have all been nearly perfect. Matbe I'll narrow it down to 3-4 options and make the kids pick one. lol

BTW anybody want a Mandarin or have a good way to catch it?

Depending on your skimmer and/or amount of water changes you do' date=' I would say a clown is ok. I think you need more cleanup crew, and that tank is probably too small for the mandarin.[/quote']

What would you suggest added to the CUC?

I had another zebra but it died from what I assume was starvation.(scratch)

I would be careful about adding more firefish in that size tank. We had 2 in the 55 gallon and one bullied the other one to where it wouldn't come out and eat and it finally died. They can be good in groups but it smaller tanks they can fight.

I think your clean up crew is fine for that size tank. I didn't have but one cleaner , 3 to 4 hermits, one emerald crab and a few snails in that size tank.

Well I caught the Mandarin and made a trip up to see Garrett. I left with 2 false percs, 1 purple firefish, a cleaner shrimp, a conch, 6 snails, a hammer coral, a kenya tree coral and a partridge in a pear tree lol. All that plus some Rods food and epoxy for less than $100. Thanks again to Garrett(rock2)