Who is balling here?

grassi

After chatting a bit with some friends on the other side of the ocean I'm really close to switch to the balling (lite) method.

I was wondering if somebody here is using it (I've seen some threads in the past), how is the system going, what products do you use and some similar information.

Thanks

Hey Mick its all good we know you a "baller" shock collar...........20 inch blades on the Impala..and so on

Does that help-??

Sorry Alex I tried to refrain-(nono)

Was wondering who was going to go there...... Should have known it would be you Brad!:D

I tried to refrain after receiving my first neg rep point LOL.(laugh)

Hey Mick its all good we know you a "baller" shock collar...........20 inch blades on the Impala..and so on

Does that help-??

Sorry Alex I tried to refrain-(nono)

Dude its balla, shot calla. (laugh)

Wanna be a balla, shot calla 28 blades on the Impala, call her, gettin (paid) tonight, switch a roll tight, got sprayed with ice. I hit the high way, makin' money the fly way, but there's gotta be a better way, better way...

I switched the word to (paid), family friendly n all.

I was referring to this:

grotech-tec-iii-ng.jpg

not this:

lil-troy-jpg.jpeg

:-)

There is a guy, I believe Newschool, I could be wrong I met him at Saltwater Fantaseas and he had just recieved his pumps to get started. Maybe PM, he's not on alot but may check in. I think the pump system alone will run about $500 just to get started

Thanks for the info. A new pump form Bubble Magus should be on the US market in a few days. It is gonna be below $300 (3 peristaltic pumps and the controller).

It is cheaper than the kalk reactor/calcium reactor combination and I was told you can fine tune a better nutrients delivery without the ph issue

Yes, the pumps are not as expensive as they are sold in the hobby.

A client of mine do use them for commercial dishwashers (for sanitizers) and he told me that they usually run for $40

There is a thread over on RC where a guy built the same pumps that BRS sells for about $30 cheaper than they sell em.

Yes, the pumps are not as expensive as they are sold in the hobby.

A client of mine do use them for commercial dishwashers (for sanitizers) and he told me that they usually run for $40

Watch those, we have them at our work, dishwashers, laundry and we seem to have problems with them but we just call and they come out and replace them, might want a good quality set for dosing in your tank. I saved a few sites when I was looking into it doing this I'll look, I know you can buy the chemicals in bulk

They are dishwashers for milking systems, but yes I think they are not the same quality of medical use ones. With the low price of the Bubble Magus (3 pumps and the controller) I think there is no need for a diy.

The only thing I remember is that you have to replace the rubber tubing every year, but it is cheap and easy

Its what-?????? LMAO

Thanks for the info. A new pump form Bubble Magus should be on the US market in a few days. It is gonna be below $300 (3 peristaltic pumps and the controller).

It is cheaper than the kalk reactor/calcium reactor combination and I was told you can fine tune a better nutrients delivery without the ph issue

Without the PH issues now that is something I would be interested in seeing how it plays out-but have a few ideas that I am trying first-Huh Charles-(laugh)

Wanna be a balla, shot calla 28 blades on the Impala, call her, gettin (paid) tonight, switch a roll tight, got sprayed with ice. I hit the high way, makin' money the fly way, but there's gotta be a better way, better way...

If I would have stuck with the "real" lyrics it would not have been any fun, besides thats how I roll, I "create" my own lyrics-got some funny stories about that-:D

Again back to our regularly scheduled program-

Balling

The ph issue is not the only and it is controllable somehow.... with a controller :-)

But you are dripping a very acid solution and there is always a day when something goes wrong. Like when you use some putty, you forget to turn off your skimmer and the ato start pouring lot of limewater (assuming you are running the reactor after the top off).

Another problem is that dosing kalk will create a lot of calcium build up inside (at the end) of the tubing. Not a big deal to clean, if you are at home and you remember to do it periodically.

Calcium reactors need to be tuned and you have a lot of mechanical parts (that can fail). And it is not easy to tune well the ca/kalk combo.

And you have to dose other stuff manually still.

That's why the balling (with a dosing multi-pump unit) seems to be the better (if we can say so) way to go.

I will try to get more info from somebody in Italy, where it seems to be used more, and then I'm pretty sure I will give it a try.

• Like 1

Thanks

Thanks for reminding me, I need to plug my skimmer back in-I was "in the tank" doing some "landscaping"

I have to report back, but I am adding a second chamber to my CaRx and see how that helps with the PH. I may incorporate the KalkRx to be my gravity fed top off-The float is in the sump so as it drops the Kalk would top off.

I wont do that until I re-wire my other float valve to act as a shut off to the top off-So fearful of the float sticking and BAM everything's DEAD:eek:

Thanks for reminding me, I need to plug my skimmer back in-I was "in the tank" doing some "landscaping"

lol. We should invent a blinking light to remember such kind of things

Second chamber is a possible solution. I was probably gonna buy a ca reactor soon (coral population growing fast). Actually I was gonna build one I've seen (square, with second chamber). But the dosing controller seems to be a nice try.

lol. We should invent a blinking light to remember such kind of things

Second chamber is a possible solution. I was probably gonna buy a ca reactor soon (coral population growing fast). Actually I was gonna build one I've seen (square, with second chamber). But the dosing controller seems to be a nice try.

I have a fair amount of SPS-nothing giant but its my majority-85%.

I know this is way to early, and the chamber I built is more a proto type, the real one will be a 6" diameter-not 2" (Inside).

But I will say, its been almost 30 mins, and the PH has risen 0.03-Big deal I know, but its been 30 minutes.

I've read the second chamber can raise the effluent by as much as .6-I think it was on R2R.

We will see tomorrow-I built the 2nd chamber out of PVC from Home Depot-not pretty since its black ABS, but it also only ran just under 7 dollars.

More to come-

I think you will find alot of tanks at the lower end of the Ph scale, I thought mine was fine until I got a controller (7.6-7.9 yikes). Since then I've seen more sigs with the display and the Ph is in the low 8's or high 7's. I freaked and tried to maintain a higher Ph with Kalk but since I have let it go back down. I reduced my stir time in the reactor and do not replace kalk as often.

I have a Calcium reactor with a second chanber I keep at 6.7-7.0 out of the second. If my Calcium get low I add Kalk, very small-1/4 cup, and it will come back. I think this is also how you dose with the balling, balanced with frequent checks until you get it down.

when my Ph is in the 7.9-8.1 range the tank is much cleaner and clear, when the kalk pushes it up to the 8.2-4 range I get alot of algae on the sand and view surfaces

Actually, it's, "swisher rolled tight, gotta spray my Ike"....just sayin' (rock2)

Balling Lite always looked interesting to me but, not on my little 40gal tank :(

Dennis

I think you will find alot of tanks at the lower end of the Ph scale, I thought mine was fine until I got a controller (7.6-7.9 yikes). Since then I've seen more sigs with the display and the Ph is in the low 8's or high 7's. I freaked and tried to maintain a higher Ph with Kalk but since I have let it go back down. I reduced my stir time in the reactor and do not replace kalk as often.

I have a Calcium reactor with a second chanber I keep at 6.7-7.0 out of the second. If my Calcium get low I add Kalk, very small-1/4 cup, and it will come back. I think this is also how you dose with the balling, balanced with frequent checks until you get it down.

when my Ph is in the 7.9-8.1 range the tank is much cleaner and clear, when the kalk pushes it up to the 8.2-4 range I get alot of algae on the sand and view surfaces

I'm actually really close to your values and as you say when ph goes up I see a little layer of algae growing on the glass.

Weird, it should be the opposite.