time for a formal intro :)

kendaroo

Just wanted to say hi and give a short intro. We took in a 12g aquapod pretty recently and fell in love with this hobby. We upgraded the lighting with a 70w Sunpod (thanks to grassi! so happy to find it locally) and got a koralia nano. We've started to add a couple corals (zoas, monti cap, candy cane and a small meteor shower). We'll probably add some carbon to the back soon. We've decided to try to go without a protein skimmer; just doing 10% water changes each week. Sounds like a refugium in one of the back chambers would be cool, too.

The whole family is pretty into it now... and my wife easily convinced me that we needed a second tank for the upstairs (thanks to Davy Jones' Locker for the 24g!). So we're starting to cycle that, just need some more live rock. (clap)

Thanks already for everyone's help. This is a great community and the forums have been invaluable.

Best,

Kendra (and Gillian)

Welcome to the club! I have to laugh. (laugh)We started with a 55 gallon and 7 months later upgraded to a 150 gallon because that's the biggest we could get to fit down the stairs. I said "that's it" but then 3 months later we got another 150 gallon!(nutty) Great hobby and great forum!

Welcome and it was nice to meet you and all the family!

This is the perfect place were to get help, there are a lot of good aquarists on here.

You probably noticed already... this is a dangerous hobby... in terms of obsession and money :-)

Welcome to the site-

I got to laugh I started with a 24 gallon nano ,and then 30 days later an 80 gallon and then 60 days after a 75 gallon-4 months after that completely stocked-OCD who?

"No idea what happened to the savings account dear, are you sure there were that many zero's"(scratch)

Good luck (laugh)

Ok prepare yourself for the best hobby in the entire world!! You get to have a piece of what ever part of the world you would like! I started with a 100 gallon, then got a 20 gallon for my sons room, then a 55 for the art room. After a little while upgraded houses and with that went with a 210 gallon plumbed to the garage and turned my 100 gallon with an internal sump into a sump/display refugium!! I still have all the other tanks and am looking forward to setting up a frag tank this weekend!! I also got my bestfriend jon hooked on this hobby too!! He is "Newfisher" And he started with a 59 gallon corner bowfront that I found him and now he has a cylinder tank with pipefish and seahorses, and a 90 gallon fowlr and a nano for his room, he blames it on his wife who also loves it. Yeah, I have another friend that I started on a road of wonderful oceaness too!! His name is "Kemist" Josh is a great guy and has some great set ups!! Welcome to the site and I hope you get as fired up as me and all my friends!!

Oh, and if you ever are interested in a Tattoo I am your man!! www.allprophetstattoos.com

Clay

Awesome, thanks everyone! We have a couple of new additions to the tank. I'm attaching some pics -- just iPhone pics, but pics nonetheless. :) I think a few things will get transferred over to the bigger tank when it's ready (the waiting is the hardest part, isn't it?).

Clay, I will definitely have to check out your tattoo shop next time I'm in Eugene. I have one on my chest that definitely needs a touch-up, and one on my arm that needs to be somehow transformed into something better (I got that one when I was 18). ha ha.

post-6267-141867753708_thumb.jpg

post-6267-14186775371_thumb.jpg

post-6267-141867753712_thumb.jpg

post-6267-141867753714_thumb.jpg