leaking overflow drain

puntific

My pipe/hose from my overflow is leaking. Unfortunatly, I'm pretty sure it's been glued into the union up into the tank. I've tried to seal it with bathroom caulk (I hear you laughing) and it held for weeks but now it's leaking more than even. Can anyone lend me some hands on expertise to help me through this? Plumbing is my weakest link (maybe after spelling).

Thanks

puntific

PS. my sump's in the basement so the water leaking is just soaking my hardwoods... (wife)

I have used the epoxy stick, putty. The one for mounting coral. 2 part you need by hand. Works everytime for me. Let it dry well. I'm using it now on a return line under pressure and no leak. Been a year

Good Luck

what about that stuff that the oxy guy used to promote?

Mighty putty!!!

https://www.mightyputty.com/flare/next

Talked to a plumber that said he hates this stuff because it's so strong almost nothing gets through it. People that used it to do a repair made it impossible for him to get it off to replace something else. lol

I think it would work great for your situation...

I'm gonna go the other way -- do it right by replacing the current broken plumbing.

Patches always fail, and they usually fail at the worst possible time. It's better to take the hit up front and fix it right than to come home after a long weekend away and find 20 gallons of salt water on the floor and a bunch of dead livestock.