Some pics using the new Canon T1i I just bought.

Rick

I just picked up a new Canon T1i yesterday. Of course the first thing I did with it is shoot a few pics of my tank and thought I would post some here. I still need to play around with the settings a bit to find the optimum adjustments but even though it's not completely dialed in yet I'm still pretty impressed. Once I get it dialed in I'll be able to create a custom profile just for aquarium pics.

These first 3 are using the built in flash. In particular I was immediately impressed with the pics of the trigger and the tang. I really struggled with my old camera to get a decent shot of both of these.

attachment.php?attachmentid=7528

attachment.php?attachmentid=7529

attachment.php?attachmentid=7530

post-5811-141867781207_thumb.jpg

post-5811-14186778121_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867781214_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Nice pics Rick! And happy to see you around again

Still around. The last month or so was pretty busy for us. Week before last my son graduated from Army Basic training and last weekend we celebrated our 25th. anniversary. I'll probably be around here more for the next few weeks as I plan to downgrade from my 125g to a 2x2x2 cube which I'm planning to build.

post-5811-141867753684_thumb.jpg

post-5811-141867753687_thumb.jpg

Nice pictures! I love the Eel. Will you please talk Beth (tanktop74) into getting one for the FOWLR tank

Mine is still for sale. It's about 14" long now. Most of it is under the rocks in the pic. (It has a cave down under the rocks to the left of the fungia that it often hangs out in)

Interested in the 125g when you are ready to sell.

Please keep me in mind and LMK, thanks.

All I'm really looking for is enough out of the tank and stand to pay for the glass and acrylic for the new one. Depending upon how interested you are I can run by the glass shop and get a quote.

Why are you downgrading tanks Rick?

Two reasons:

1: So I can cut back on the electrical cost each month.

2: So I can build a custom cube similar to the frag tank I made. (Same style overflow but a taller version)