Doug from Salem here...signing in!

414driver

I've been lurking around for a few weeks now....thought I'd officially say Hi!

My wife and I have been bitten by the reef bug, and Sully already has some of my guitar money!!

We're doing a 90gal room divider tank....with a 40gal sump (thanks to Katz). The cab and hood should be arriving mid-April, and Sully promised to play plumber!!

I'm sure that soon most of you with goodies to sell will have some of my

money too!! Unless of course you have a long standing tradition of donating to the new kid!!!(laugh)

Hey Doug from Salem...perhaps I missed the "long standing tradition of donating to the new kid" part, just recently joined myself some good reading here...one thing I found out about reefing...a free 55gal tank is NOT free...

Welcome,

Ken

Hey Doug from Salem...perhaps I missed the "long standing tradition of donating to the new kid" part, just recently joined myself some good reading here...one thing I found out about reefing...a free 55gal tank is NOT free...

Welcome,

Ken

Ah Ken thats some funny stuff there-

Welcome aboard Doug and Mrs.Doug-I will just say in advance-"remember, this was your idea"-(naughty)

Do you have an idea on what your plans are- softies, LPS, SPS....

Just curious,

so many corals, so little time-

Anyway welcome again

Welcome Doug and Ken! Welcome to the family. The reef bug is a very dangerous thing to have. I feel funny saying welcome since I joined the same time as you did LOL. Soon you will get all twitchy and have dreams that you are bidding ridiculous amounts of money on EBAY for beautiful corals!

Very gracious and helpful group here I have found!

lol... ah newbie reefers...

You still have the chance to just funnel 10% of your net income into the fireplace if you want. You'll probably come out ahead!(laugh)

P.S. this is more of an AA for reefers if you haven't noticed. We just can't kick it no matter how hard we try...DOH!

Hi,

I guess I should have jumped in here a long time ago, I've always had fresh water tanks, as a matter of a fact my 30 gal is now quarantine tank...as said earler I received a 55 gal glass tank that needed to be sealed (that was easy enough) made a hood to hold the lights..

Lights are 2X250MH currently running 14k bulbs, and 4 X 2 foot antics, just finished a small sump (10 gal) I've created walls so one side I have some sand and cheato with my skimmer..seems to be doing its job.

I'm just now comming out of a canyo breakout, still have a little bit on one rock that needs cleaned...currently I have about 75lbs of rock 2 clowns one RTBA, one blue dansel, some zoe frags and xena, but all in all it's a new tank (4 months old) so I look at water and rocks!!!

Ken

Thanks for the warm welcome....this seems like a fun and informative group.

So far we have selected the following equipment:

48x18x24 All Glas tank

Custom canopy and stand by Paul at Natural Woodcrafters

Sequence Reeflo pump

Sunlight Supply's new Elite 6x54watt T5

Used 40 gal sump/refugium from Katz

Sump skimmer used from Katz

100lbs of live rock from Katz

several "special" rocks on hold at Sully's

that's it for now.....I'll start a build thread when the pieces arrive!