Sharing some pics from Maui

impur

Just got back from a week in Maui. It was great as usual. So i thought i'd share some pics. I'm going to try and get some of the shots of the whales off my video camera tonight as well

This is the view where we stayed

DSCN2949.jpg

DSCN2951.jpg

DSCN2943.jpg

Did some tidepool hopping

DSCN2952.jpg

DSCN2953.jpg

DSCN2954.jpg

DSCN2957.jpg

DSCN2959.jpg

DSCN2961.jpg

No we didn't snorkel this time, i didn't want to bother with the gear lol

We hit up the Maui Ocean Center again and did the fins and flippers tour. Basically we paid an extra 10 bucks and got to feed the hammerhead sharks and the turtles. Its was pretty cool!!

DSCN3008.jpg

DSCN3012.jpg

DSCN3015.jpg

DSCN3016.jpg

DSCN3017.jpg

DSCN3019.jpg

DSCN3024.jpg

DSCN3027.jpg

DSCN3028.jpg

DSCN3033.jpg

This is a roi which is a non-native fish that eats native fish. Its a type of grouper and its pretty much the top predator on the Hawaiian reefs. On top of that they are poisonous to eat unless prepared a specific way.

DSCN3034.jpg

DSCN3035.jpg

DSCN3037.jpg

DSCN3040.jpg

DSCN3041.jpg

DSCN3042.jpg

DSCN3045.jpg

DSCN3048.jpg

DSCN3050.jpg

Sure!! And congrats ;)

First hit up costco on the way to where you are staying. Its the cheapest food on the island and its right next to the airport. The farmers markets are the place to get veggies and fruits. Look for Kona Sugarloaf - white pineapple. It is THE BEST you will ever taste.

Mama's fishhouse is probably the most famous restaurant on the island and it is incredibly good. But be prepared to pay - we went for our Honeymoon and the bill was around $350.

If you want a real nice dinner with a great view and great service, our favorite place is Pacific O. Its right on the beach and the food is great, never had a bad thing there. They even split your entrees if you want so that helps keep cost down. We got an appetizer, salad, and split an entree and a bottle of wine, along with desert and a couple glasses of port the total with tip was about $150. Great great place.

We discovered the Maui brewing company and its got really good food too. Very creative, like bbq chicken pizza with gouda and adult mac n cheese with gouda and garlic truffle oil OH MAN IT WAS GOOD!! But $25 for a pizza is gettin up there IMO

You gotta hit up the Maui Ocean Center. If you can go on a tuesday they do the fins and flippers tour for an extra 10 bucks, you get to feed the hammerheads and turtles which is cool.

I'd also recommend a snorkeling or sunset cruise. Its always fun to get out on the water.

Pick up the book Maui Revealed. Its a great book and gives you tons of stuff to do. The great part about it is if you are looking for a hiking trail or a trail to the beach it gives real precise directions, like park 15ft on the right after telephone pole #12.

Sure!! And congrats ;)

First hit up costco on the way to where you are staying. Its the cheapest food on the island and its right next to the airport. The farmers markets are the place to get veggies and fruits. Look for Kona Sugarloaf - white pineapple. It is THE BEST you will ever taste.

Mama's fishhouse is probably the most famous restaurant on the island and it is incredibly good. But be prepared to pay - we went for our Honeymoon and the bill was around $350.

If you want a real nice dinner with a great view and great service, our favorite place is Pacific O. Its right on the beach and the food is great, never had a bad thing there. They even split your entrees if you want so that helps keep cost down. We got an appetizer, salad, and split an entree and a bottle of wine, along with desert and a couple glasses of port the total with tip was about $150. Great great place.

We discovered the Maui brewing company and its got really good food too. Very creative, like bbq chicken pizza with gouda and adult mac n cheese with gouda and garlic truffle oil OH MAN IT WAS GOOD!! But $25 for a pizza is gettin up there IMO

You gotta hit up the Maui Ocean Center. If you can go on a tuesday they do the fins and flippers tour for an extra 10 bucks, you get to feed the hammerheads and turtles which is cool.

I'd also recommend a snorkeling or sunset cruise. Its always fun to get out on the water.

Pick up the book Maui Revealed. Its a great book and gives you tons of stuff to do. The great part about it is if you are looking for a hiking trail or a trail to the beach it gives real precise directions, like park 15ft on the right after telephone pole #12.

WOW sweet! Thanks for the help! We are planning on doing some snorkeling, a sunset cruise, luau, para-sailing, and whatever seems cool at the time(that Maui Ocean Center sounds sweet!). Any suggestions as far as snorkeling goes? Certain places to hit up, should I take a group tour or buy some flippers and a mask and go on my own?

We will be there 7 nights, so we should have plenty of time to do whatever I would think (or do absolutely nothing if we feel like it(rock2))

I will definitely pick up that Maui Revealed book. Hard for me to listen to what our travel agent recommends when she has never been to that island DOH!

The old lahaina luau is the best one i've been to. I've been to about 4 and it was the best BY FAR.

You can rent fins, snorkel, and mask for $2.50 for a whole day so its really not worth it to buy and pack your own stuff with you. You should take a snorkel trip to the Molokini crater. I recommend the Pacific Whale Foundation, they are really nice, have quality boats, and the proceeds help protect the whales so its good all around. We still haven't done the crater, it was over run with man-o-war and jellies when we were scheduled to go. Other than that, the Maui revealed book will give you a TON of places you can go snorkel on your own.

• 4 months later...