May 16th Meeting / Party / Auction?

oxx155

AlgaGen is also donating food to the meeting.

Ocean Nutrition said they don't make Reef Food (?) so they declined to donate, I really like their flake food and was hoping for them to donate some for the party for those that haven't used their product, ah well.

Yep' date=' moved November of 2008 to 2535 I St in Springfield. Much bigger house.[/quote']

Well crap didn't catch that (laugh) I've been telling people my place is on the way to yours. I was at your place last almost 2 years ago????? Holy cow doesn't seem that long ago.

Well crap didn't catch that (laugh) I've been telling people my place is on the way to yours. I was at your place last almost 2 years ago????? Holy cow doesn't seem that long ago.

LOL, time does fly. Its a much better house and nice setup for the tank.

I have to say I am a little bummed. I contacted every single sponsor of this club and was hoping to not only get a little something for the meeting (a basic small donation) but also showcase those stores to all the members that show up to the meeting. Now, I understand that in this economy (and in hard times) that its hard to give away things for free when you don't know if you will see a return, but I find it (as a business person) the right thing to do to at least respond to the correspondence.

The only way anyone's company is going to grow and gain more business is to get word of mouth out to possible customers, so let me help you and at least send me some literature that I can pass out. Maybe some coupons for possible customers or basically anything. But, to just ignore a chance to get the word out, I just don't get it.

I apologize if this comes off as harsh, but I really wanted this meeting to not only bring together members to have a good time, but also showcase the sponsors of this club and other great companies that we all could benefit knowing more about.

To those two sponsors that did respond - thank you.

To those other companies that aren't sponsors but have donated anyway - thank you also.

I will be there representing the TFT program. So.............anyone cleaning up there tanks, see a big colony that needs fragging, tired of a punk fish, etc. I am the go to guy. I don't own any Nascar clothing and I threw away my tie dye when I was 12 so I hope my trademark science geek T-shirts and shorts won't make me stand out!!!! Looking forward to this meeting. I always like meeting the southern folks. You are good people.

I just re read the first post and it said sunday the 16th at noon lol

Yep, that gives everyone plenty of time to drive to get here, have a great bite to eat, and plenty of time to get home.

BBQ Food:

Chicken Burgers

Hamburgers / Cheeseburgers

Hot Dogs / Polish Dogs

If I can get my good friend to run the bbq I might be able to do some ribs.

Chips

Sides (potato salad, coleslaw, beans, etc.)

Soda

I am not providing beer, but you are welcome to bring your own, but please drink responsibly and have a designated "non-drinking" driver.

None of the "official meeting" stuff will start till 1p.m., giving those late comers plenty of time and everyone plenty of time to eat first.

I really would prefer no one show up earlier than 11:30a.m. (for those people that are over-excited about this meeting, LOL *this means you clay*)

I will be there representing the TFT program. So.............anyone cleaning up there tanks' date=' see a big colony that needs fragging, tired of a punk fish, etc. I am the go to guy. I don't own any Nascar clothing and I threw away my tie dye when I was 12 so I hope my trademark science geek T-shirts and shorts won't make me stand out!!!! Looking forward to this meeting. I always like meeting the southern folks. You are good people.[/quote']

If you can catch my horrible Tomato Clownfish (without moving anything or hitting a coral) than he is yours and I would throw in a coral for your trouble. I have been trying myself for 4 months, LOL.

I am wanting to go, wasn't sure if I would be able to till now, it will be a good chance to meet some of you mofo's (jokingly of course) :D I will go back to see who to contact so no need to explain....hope to see ya all there. :)

Hey there i would love to go to the meeting and meet people see a cool tank.

No, you do not need to be a paid member and there will be no pressure to become a paid member at the meeting.

This meeting is purely meant to bring people together and have a fun time.

Even if you don't post, aren't a paid member, and/or just lurk around, take the plunge and come to a meeting! I think you will have a blast and hopefully be encouraged to become a bigger part of this club.

Wish I could come sounds like an awesome party! Can I nominate you oxx 155 in the vendor position of the board. You seem to do an awesome job with donations! Sure you can't move the party to Saturday?(fingers)

LOL, sorry about not working out for you on Sunday (maybe you can call in sick to work *cough cough*, LOL). Maybe I will do this again next year and we can have it on a Saturday.

I don't know about the Vendor Relations job, I am pretty busy with life and work as it is right now, thanks though. I have always had a family upbringing that made it very easy to talk to people and never feel afraid to ask, if you don't ask then they can never say yes, the worst they could say is no. I think whomever takes the Vendor Relations job just needs to be willing to contact everyone and ask for everything, most will give something and or sponsor the club for the opportunity to reach more customers. If you are willing to put in the time it will pay off in the end. Thats how I took my family company from a closet to what it is today, but thats a whole nother story.