May 16th Meeting / Party / Auction?

oxx155

Hey everyone!

I know I am not the most active member, unfortunately life and work don't offer much extra time.

But, I would be honored and would enjoy hosting the May meeting at my place in Springfield.

I think May 16th at 12:00p.m. gives everyone plenty of notice and allows for those farther away to drive down (or up) and plenty of time to drive home.

I am going to offer a BBQ since it would be lunch time. Probably Burgers, Hot Dogs, Chicken Burgers, Chips, Drinks, etc. (Bring your own beer)

I would like to bring in some corals from some of my contacts to offer up as a door prize, raffle, or auction (auction proceeds would be donated to the club). Probably bring in a collection of Acropora's, Zooanthids, maybe some clams, etc. I will probably have enough that everyone could at least get one item.

I think I might send out some emails also to companies to see if they could donate some items to the auction (we'll see).

It seems that every meeting has some speakers and/or a subject to discuss.

I know I would like to learn more about Aquarium Photography. But what other things could we discuss so that everyone can learn?

Or, just came to mind, we could discuss how to get the most out of your Protein Skimmer, because my Reeflo is just not cutting it (its being wooped by an ASM G6).

Or, its also a great opportunity for everyone to see a large tank and what it takes to run and make it the best it can be. I would love to see others get into some larger tanks and really push the limits of our hobby. (how about 12 tangs in one tank! I make it work)

I have plenty of parking and plenty of room for people in and out, so I would definitely like to make this a meeting for everyone! I think this is a great opportunity to meet people and come together like no other time. I think its also a great opportunity for everyone to meet the new President and BOD members that we are all voting on now. Might even be a good opportunity to talk about how we would like to see this club grow and get better.

Anyway, lets discuss how to make this meeting as awesome as possible.

Douglas

• Like 1

I'll be there Douglas' date=' its a drive, but, it's gonna be worth it.[/quote']

I'd like to think its worth it.

I think about it this way - I don't want to go to a meeting just to stand and talk and feel like I am at a conference. I want a PARTY! that also can be a meeting (or get the meeting stuff handled), but its main focus is to have fun and everyone walks away super happy and looking forward to another.

Douglas,

I remember your "Zoa Connection".Really nice Zoa's at a reasonable price. Not the super collector pieces, but not the sky high prices either.

He is a great guy, but yeah doesn't always carry the most collectable Zoa's (unless you want to pay higher prices). So, for donating purposes I get his Medium Quality Zoa's.

I will probably have about 10 Zoa Colonies (10+ polyps), 10 Acropora Colonies (not frags, actual colonies), and 10 of something else (maybe a mix of stuff).

I think we'll have some for door prizes, maybe have a raffle for a nice piece, and the rest will go for auction to benefit the society.

With enough time I will get a tank plumbed into my system just to hold these pieces so hopefully they will be nice an open for everyone to see before winning.

If anyone knows they are coming please let me know. Hopefully I can guage how many are coming and have plenty of food and drinks (just post in here, you don't need to PM me).

I might get a friend to do up some of his famous ribs and burgers (dang delicious)