Free purple hornet?

vanz

wegotjs and wanareef also wanted in. Did you guys create accounts there yet?

I also agree about Portland being the delivery site. Feels kinda silly discussing something that may not come true, but just in case this is the real deal, let's discuss how we are distributing the frags. Someone brought up a question on how to avoid being cheated out of their frag. How should we make it a fair distribution? Pull at straws? I hear that purple hornets have a tendency to melt.

• Like 1

I'm in Portland. I wonder if one of the shops would take deliver and hold them for us? Peeps could then just swing by the shop and pick it up. Anyone got a good connection?

Good idea, not sure if any shop would do that though.

I guess the first thing we have to do is figure out how many polyps are coming in the shippment. Next, chose someone to recieve the shippment in which that person will have probably paid the full amount of shipping. Then arange a way so that everyone has the same fair shot at getting a polyp and paying for thier portion of the shipping. In my opinion our best shot at a shop going along with this is Saltwater Fantaseas or Davy Jones Locker. If willing they could accept the shipment asign each polyp a number and then when you come to get your polyp you draw a number and get the polyp assigned. Just an idea.

Re: Free purple hornet?

I guess I'd suggest to the shop person that it would be driving traffic to their shop to a small degree. I know I'm more likely to spend money if I'm standing at a shop than if I'm sitting on the couch.

I'm not too worried about getting cheated out of a frag - I mean it's probably going to cost me $5 right? One idea would be first come first serve. Another would be to go in by the list order. Both of those assume a shop would help us out. Patrick at Saltwater Fantaseas seems like cool dude and so does Nick at Rose City and both have pretty cool stuff to check out. I would host the frags for pickup but I'm pretty new at this and I'm not sure I'd trust my skills with other peeps stuff at this point - give me another year and I'll have more confidence.

i forgot to ask patrick about this today. i dont see anyone else's comment on this so what does everyone think?

I say go for it. We, or at least the people that want to combine shipping, need some sort of central location to ship to. We can talk about drawing straws or whatever. You know thinking about it though IF we didn't have 1 or 2 frags not make it instead of someone(s) getting left out we could always wait for a little growth and then frag again and make sure everyone is made whole. If I'm wrong about how easy or stupid that idea is please someone tell me.

i qualified yesterday and apparently was added to the OR list, so please add me guys! I will come to portland to get the frag...no preference as to where it ships.

Only thing i see as being an issue right now is this; who is paying for shipping? one person, and then we reimburse that person?

I wonder if this is for real or not...

My vote is get Patrick involved if he is willing, one person volunteer to pay the shipping, as you get your frag by some random draw you pay your dues. If someone local here pays the shipping it wouldnt be hard to swing by the shop and spend it I mean pick it up =)

...and yes I would be willing if by chance someone gets a dud to make them whole by means of propagation.

I for one am not sure I am interested in group shipping due to the common melting of PH's, and in addition I think between the shipping, then acclimating into one tank, then again when we finally receive them seems a bit much stress for them to endur. I am tempted to say the only way I would do the group shipping is if I could get my polyp immediatly after delivery and before it enters anybody's tank. It seems it might be a better idea....for me at least...to pay the extra and get it sent right to me.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I would also like to get it into my tank ASAP so I would probably meet the shipment at the LFS (if we go that way) or show up shortly after.

I think the best way to do the pickup is first come first serve due to crazy schedules and trying to get 10 or so peeps to show up in order over a reasonable period of time. In the event a frag melts or whatever I'd be willing to make a gentlemens agreement that I would help the person(s) who this happens to get made whole with some future growth off a good frag. Of course ths assumes I get future growth but if everyone participates in this then eventually everyone should be happy.

Also I'd be willing to front the shipping and people could either Paypal me or send a check or leave an envelope at the pickup. Anyone that doesn't payup gets to watch my kids for the day (you really want to pay).

Thoughts?

I am down with Jackaninny. I plan on picking up my frag shortly after delivery. So I would say people involved should either chose to participate with Jackininny or not? First come first serve only sucks for those coming from out of town.

Not sure what happended here. What is being talked about now is much different then what some of us originally talked about.

I am down to pay for the shipping for Sean and I, and possibly others who live in the area or who can pick up in the area. Between the people around town we can work out holding the frags for people to pick up. I already have a couple grand of zoa's in my tank what's a few more.

I am not cool with picking it up at a store that is a 45 minute drive from my house, each way, or work out some schedule where I have to be at some undisclosed place at some undisclosed time to pick up my frag. My schedule is hectic, it does not work for me, the $40 shipping for convience is far easier.

If that is the decision of the group I will pay for my shipping seperately, I can have Sean's shipped with mine since we live less then a mile from each other. If other people in the area want to meet up or have me a hold a frag I am willing to do that, they can chip in what they like for shipping.

I mean no disrespect at all to Vanz, I think he knows this. I am greatful for him making me aware of this offer. If people from different regions want to be invovled in this and do not want in on the box being sent to the Beaverton area, I think you should work this out in your own region. My offer extends to anyone who can make themselves available for pick in this areawithin a reasonable time frame.

I do not think it is fair to ask Patrick to take responsibility for this, or to put up with the headache that will follow what is outlined here IMO. He probably would do it, he is that nice of a guy, but it is not something I myself am comfortable asking him to do.

JMO

I really would like to thank Sean for opening up this oppritunity to all of us. It was very kind and thoughtful. Thanks Homie!

I'm down to pick up in beaverton or portland. I'd rather not have it shipped to a store. Don't think its right for a store to deal with/take any responsibility for us to get our free frags. I'm not working, so I would even be able to probably transport frags between portland and beaverton when I come into town. For example; just ship them all to pledosphy or jackaninny and let me know when the frags are supposed to show up and I can be there around that time also and run them to portland or beaverton, so people dont have to worry about them being acclimated twice.

You've convinced me Pled - I think some of us were just throwing stuff out there trying to organize something - I was unaware any other plans were being formulated. If a Metro area group is being organized I wouldn't mind participating. Even though I'm an Eastside guy I'm sure I can work with whatever the pickup schedule ends up being.

sry pled didnt see any other plans on this thread but for a central group pick up . I think we were just throwing ideas out there. we must agree on something soon because they will need to know where to ship these. i dont want mine acclimated 2 times either. i can be there when the ship comes in also i just thought that since we got ppl for longview to beverton that portland would be the central pick up for everyone. And i also do thankyou van for letting us no about this new site i like it!

Let's make this thing as simple as possible. Kevin is having his shipped directly to him and is offering other people if they want in on his delivery. So let's make a list of who is in with Kevin so we can submit that asap.

It looks like the confirmed ones are this, add your name if I forgot you.

Pledosophy

vanz

mandinga

Let's make this thing as simple as possible. Kevin is having his shipped directly to him and is offering other people if they want in on his delivery. So let's make a list of who is in with Kevin so we can submit that asap.

It looks like the confirmed ones are this, add your name if I forgot you.

Pledosophy

vanz

mandinga

I'm in:

Pledosophy

vanz

mandinga

jackaninny