Somethings wrong with my Cubicus.

gradth

Anyone got any experience with boxfish?

I have had my cubicus for about a year and a half. By far my favorite fish, the most personality.

Yesterday he started just sitting on the sand and not moving around much. breathing seems normal, no spots, no signs of injury. Always a very active fish comes right up and eats out of hand, always eating.

Bout 3 days ago I did a lights out on my 55 to cure some algae issues. The yesterday I noticed his behaviour and turned the lights back on. got home from work this morning and hes just sitting there doing the same thing.

Physically he looks fine.

His tank mates are a spotted hawkfish, a niger trigger and a long spine urchin.

Salinty was a bit low(1.021) but should be fine for fish . everyone else seems normal.

Any ideas, any experience?

Thanks, hope I can save him.

When I lost mine he did this too. The reason for it was he went too close to a power head that the grate had fallen off of and got stuck to it for a good hour I think(don't know for sure). He had no marks but he didn't move much afterwords and ended up dying later that night. Their bodies are just so brittle it didn't take much to injure him. I loved my little guy, but I need to wait to get another one.

Mine was actually a longhorn

142900La.jpg

I don't know what to tell ya as far as helping him. I thought someone would have chimed in by now...

Yeah I was hoping. Sadly I lost him that night. (sad) No real explanation to it at all. I looked him over and could not see any thing wrong with him. I honestly am wondering if my urchin might have stung him.

Wife is pretty bummed out, as am I. Really that fish was the main reason I even bothered setting up my 55 again.

I appricate the advice, seems not a lot of knowledge about these guys. Awesome fish with tons of personality as you can see in my avatar.