computer questions, again

jgf86123

Laugh it up fuzzball (laugh)......There has NEVER been a successful virus on the Mac. Many have tried, but none have succeeded (despite the purported list Eric posted before). I've owned one since 1986, and have never had to deal with spyware, Trojans, backdoors etc. while Microsoft releases a security patch at least once a week. If your car, or anything else you owned, performed as terrible as Windoze, people would be screaming bloody murder. Why people put up with such a piece of c**p is beyond me. And those who say that windows 7 is the best ever, well we've been hearing that since windows 95, and it still ain't true.

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any Apple stock AND I work for the largest PC maker in the world.

Be glad more people dont own a MAC-you may be unemployed-DOH!

I think hackers dont want to bother writing a virus for a system that captures7.49% market share-:D

But I really like the commercials

Ive always wanted a Mac' date=' the last time I looked into them they had about 1-100th the software available.[/quote']

See market share quote-If you were a business owner-how business smart would it be to produce a product that is marketing to that 7.5%-

To each his own-glad you are passionate about it R. It sort of sounds like you have been down that "support my Mac" road before-(whistle)

Peace out

what are you talking about? mac has sick games....like minesweeper, and uh.....oh wait....no they dont have that....hmm....they do have minesweeper.

here is a question for all of you pro mac's....what percentage of the market do they have? i will give you a hint....its under 10. so what respectable virus maker would waist his time writting something for a computer that has less than 10% of the market?

mac is best before 10am....try their macsausage sandwiches with hashbrowns.....

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Funny a hell Eric-I was searching stats and posting a reply and see yours-LOL

I'll take the bundled software package and a side of wannabe-supersized of course

Re: computer questions, again

what are you talking about? mac has sick games....like minesweeper, and uh.....oh wait....no they dont have that....hmm....they do have minesweeper.

Funny a hell Eric-I was searching stats and posting a reply and see yours-LOL

I'll take the bundled software package and a side of wannabe-supersized of course

i'd like a macupgrade.....what do you mean i cant upgrade? mac is so good and their software is so wanted...that their biggest marketting plan right now is to show that they can run windows....i mean yeah...there is no $400 mac that can run windows but there isnt a pc like that either....oh....wait....there is.....matter fact ANY base line pc can do it.....how much does a mac cost that can do that? you would think it would be a cheaper model not their most expensive ones....hmm....yeah windows must be horrible....

you know my favorite part about mac? you do one of mac's authorized flash updates and fry you box then you can go to the mac store and make a small donation of say $400 and they might be able to fix it....you run a microsoft issued update and all that happens is it installs....how boring is that.

seriously, if it werent for mac all my old computer calls would have been for $50 to $100 an hour.....not the $150 to $200 i was able to charge the mac users

at least you have a billion mac techs and shops to talk to and get support from.....or is it just the mac store? surely they give you some free service or advice though......right?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I make a living supporting a couple hundred Windows PCs and have done so for 15+ years. I moonlight for extra $$$ building higher end Windows machines. I have used Mac and Windows computers since the mid 80's as a kid. I have also used Unix/Linux machines since the early 90's. These are my bona fides.

I have yet to find a single piece of Windows software that I could not find a similar software package on the Mac that did a similar or better job. Need to run Windows? Use Bootcamp (free with the Max OS) and you are running a Windows PC - no emulation - it runs directly on the hardware. Reboot and you can run the Mac OS. You also have two very good options of running Windows within a window of the Mac OS. I will take the "1/100th" of quality Mac software over the universe of cr@p Windows software every single time.

For the casual user the out of box experience on the Mac is more complete and far less confusing. Windows 7 has narrowed that gap quite a bit but there is something to be said for the fit and finish of the Mac OS and the hardware, in particular, the unibody Macbooks are the bomb. I have also been very impressed with the retail experience at the Apple stores and the Genius Bar (tech support) in the stores is very well run. For the advanced user there is plenty of software packages to meet your needs. For the gamer there are fewer choices BUT 1)who has time to play games? 2)many popular titles are available for the Mac.

I personally think for the virus/spyware issue alone a Mac is worth it. People also wring there hands about upgradeability but memory and hard drives are easily upgradeable in a Mac and outside of those upgrades 95% of PC users would (and probably should) buy a new computer instead. I still recommend a Mac for most people because I'd rather talk to them about cool software and getting things done on a Mac than how to fix their Windows machine.

I won't buy a Mac, ever, for the simple reason that Apple is an evil company.

Proprietary this, limited to only stuff we make that. Oh you wanna upgrade? Its gonna cost you 3 times what it would for a Windows machine. Why? BECAUSE WE CAN!

What you wanna use the FM transmitter we included in your Iphone? Tough crap!! I know you own the device but you really don't own it. What, you want to view Flash? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Until Adobe bends to our demads tough crap!

My opinion: Screw Apple.

My Windows 7 machine is a thing of beauty.

I make a living supporting a couple hundred Windows PCs and have done so for 15+ years. I moonlight for extra $$$ building higher end Windows machines. I have used Mac and Windows computers since the mid 80's as a kid. I have also used Unix/Linux machines since the early 90's. These are my bona fides.

I have yet to find a single piece of Windows software that I could not find a similar software package on the Mac that did a similar or better job. Need to run Windows? Use Bootcamp (free with the Max OS) and you are running a Windows PC - no emulation - it runs directly on the hardware. Reboot and you can run the Mac OS. You also have two very good options of running Windows within a window of the Mac OS. I will take the "1/100th" of quality Mac software over the universe of cr@p Windows software every single time.

For the casual user the out of box experience on the Mac is more complete and far less confusing. Windows 7 has narrowed that gap quite a bit but there is something to be said for the fit and finish of the Mac OS and the hardware, in particular, the unibody Macbooks are the bomb. I have also been very impressed with the retail experience at the Apple stores and the Genius Bar (tech support) in the stores is very well run. For the advanced user there is plenty of software packages to meet your needs. For the gamer there are fewer choices BUT 1)who has time to play games? 2)many popular titles are available for the Mac.

I personally think for the virus/spyware issue alone a Mac is worth it. People also wring there hands about upgradeability but memory and hard drives are easily upgradeable in a Mac and outside of those upgrades 95% of PC users would (and probably should) buy a new computer instead. I still recommend a Mac for most people because I'd rather talk to them about cool software and getting things done on a Mac than how to fix their Windows machine.

Well said Jack.