checking in

reeftripper

Hello

I am new to this website. Heard good things about this group from my friend Jody in Medford. My main set-up(money pit) at this time is my 210g reef tank mounted in my living room wall. I can view this tank from the front and back. On the back side I have a combination fish room and office. Calling it a "Man cave" would be generous,(no keg) More accurate would be a "hobby hole". I have a 100g acrylic sump that does double duty as a refugium. My main return pump is a Dart. I run a calcium reactor and two skimmers: a euro reef and a Etts 800 down draft skimmer. !/4 horse chiller. my light system seems to be in constant evolution. I was running 3 150 watt 20K DE Radium MH bulbs in a nice light bar. I wanted more light so I changed this up to 3 250 watt 20k mogul base Anthony Calfo MH bulbs in pendants. (to much clutter above my tank). I just recently changed to a sleek light bar by Oddeysea: it came with 3 250 watt 15K DE bulbs. I am disappoined by these bulbs. When the budget allows and the wife catches her breath again I will purchase a trio of 250 watt Radiums. Looking to the future I have my eye on a DIY build on reefaddicts.com for an LED build. will post pictures in the future. I must say the hardest part to putting my system was the first hammer blow through the living room wall. This tank has been up and rumnning for about a year now. Dealing with nitrates now. I realize that I have been to lazy with my water tests. Now I am reading up on water parameters. That is how I came to This website. Would welcome any and all advice or tips. G