Okay...so which one of camped outside for a PS3?

vanz

Ridiculous...

PUTNAM, Connecticut (AP) -- Two armed thugs tried to rob a line of people waiting for the new Playstation 3 game system to go on sale early Friday and shot a man who refused to give up his money, authorities said.

In other states, customers pushed and shoved their way to the shelves to get at the limited supply, and in Kentucky, four people were grazed by BBs fired from a passing vehicle as they waited for a Best Buy store to open.

The two gunman in Putnam, Connecticut, confronted 15 to 20 people standing outside a Wal-Mart store shortly after 3 a.m. and demanded money, said State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance.

"One of the patrons resisted. That patron was shot," Vance said.

He said the two gunmen fled after shooting a 21-year-old Massachusetts man in the chest and shoulder. The victim was taken to University of Massachusetts Medical Center in Worcester. There was no immediate word on his condition.

Vance said police were searching for the suspects, both believed to be in their teens. He said one was wearing a ski mask and brandishing a handgun, and the other had what appeared to be a shotgun.

Aside from the police tape, things had returned to normal by midmorning at the Wal-Mart store in rural Putnam, a town of about 9,000 residents near the Massachusetts and Rhode Island state lines.

Short supplies of the PS3 and strong demand led to lines of buyers, some waiting for days, outside stores across the country.

In Palmdale, California, authorities shut down a Super Wal-Mart after some shoppers got rowdy late Wednesday. In West Bend, Wisconsin, a 19-year-old man was injured when he ran into a pole racing with 50 others for one of 10 spots outside a Wal-Mart.

In Lexington, Kentucky, someone fired BB pellets from a passing vehicle at people waiting outside a Best Buy store, according to television station WKYT, whose own reporter said she was among four people grazed while she interviewed buyers in line.

A Best Buy in Boston, Massachusetts, aware it had only 140 of the consoles, got smart about the big sale -- its employees gave out tickets to the first 140 people in line so everyone could go home until the store opened.

Although....the WII sounds tempting to camp out for (clap) (whistle)

If I knew I could have resold one for over $3000 on Ebay, I would have waited in line myself! We have an Xbox we rarely use, hmm...wonder if my son would mind :) Heck, I've been trying to trade his pinball machine for saltwater stuff, which he likes the idea, why not the Xbox...wonder what he would think about that (flame)...

wii (pronounced Wee!) is supposed to be "really cool" and "fun" but i hear it is really crappy' date=' but the idea is great, to get kids up and moving around... you hold the controls in your hands (two controlls) and move around to make them move[/quote']

Aww now you just gone made it like it's a kids toy. (laugh)

So why is it crappy?

Imagine playing shooter games, sword fights, tennis etc. with the Wii. Party games (rock2)

Cuz you didn't camp out goofy!(sad)

I went to target sunday morning when it opened up at 8. Didn't expect people to camp or even line up. As I got there...:eek: there were already 100 people lined up, some look like they've been there for a very long time, plus it was raining...(sad)DOH! They cut it off 20 or so peeps in front of me.

I guess it'll be awhile before I can obtain one. :p

I went by Best Buy (@ Mill Plain & 134th in Vancouver) to look for something on WEDNESDAY 10am, and there were 20-25 people camped outside the store. In the rain. With camping gear that included little pop-tents and propane heaters. (nutty)

I asked what it was about; I couldn't believe it was for a video game that was going on sell on FRIDAY. A game station??? :eek:

Can any of you think of anything you'd want badly enough to buy that you'd camp out on concrete in front of a Best Buy for 3+ days in freezing rain? 'Cause I sure can't, and I've been really trying to come up with something... (scratch)

haha, those guys waiting in line were trying to get them and flip them. I wouldn't get a Playstation 3 anytime soon. Too many problems I heard...about 40% failure rate right out of the box.

Ebay's cracking down on ps3 sales, so most of the multi thousand or million dollar bids are all bogus. I'm pretty sure they are bidding really high to prevent sales being made.

Can any of you think of anything you'd want badly enough to buy that you'd camp out on concrete in front of a Best Buy for 3+ days in freezing rain? 'Cause I sure can't, and I've been really trying to come up with something... (scratch)

The perfect spouse(wife) (brick) I know I'll pay for that one :)