Bad day today...dont know what the future has in store

CA2OR

So I went into work today to find out my position had been eliminated...this just a few weeks after I found out we are expecting our second child....so you may see my system up for sale soon. Worst of all....if I dont find another job in the next 6 weeks I might be forced to move back to So Cal....

So it was nice knowing you guys. I hope things work out but if not then I wish you guys the best

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Bad day today...dont know what the future has in store

Dude, that's F'd up royally, and thats me being nice. Good luck with everything man and I hope things get figured out.

that makes 2 of us...really dont want to move back

That sucks man.

How much do you need to make to stay?

These times are tough on many people for sure. There are jobs out there, just keep your chin up, you could still land on your feet.

at a very minimum i need to make an average of no less than 16 an hour....i sure wish i could find an IT or computer related job now

Were you working at Vestas? Just saw on the news that they laid off 114 people :(

yep. I really liked working there. Odd because before working there I was making an average of 35 an hour at a computer company....then they closed their doors....so I took this job, and moved from Southern California for 15 something an hour, what can I say job market was/is slim....but we were making it...so now I dont know what to look for salary wise....but I at least know the minimum. The part that worries me most is the loss of insurance for my son

If this had happened two weeks ago I might have been able to help. I just hired 7 more people.

Hopefully things work out for you, you have been great for the community.

what do you do? do you need some IT help?

My son graduated in Dec. He to has been looking at the IT field. Some promising interviews but nothing yet. I am sure your not alone but it really sucks. Get paper work strated for public health insurance for the wife & kids. Theres a rumor that you can get help with cobra.

Beckie

My son graduated in Dec. He to has been looking at the IT field. Some promising interviews but nothing yet. I am sure your not alone but it really sucks. Get paper work strated for public health insurance for the wife & kids. Theres a rumor that you can get help with cobra.

Beckie

But Cobra is outrageously expensive. You shouldn't have to get cobra since the latest bill on health insurance passed.

I feel your pain CA2OR! My wife has been looking for a graphic design job for 4+ months and still no luck. I am floored she hasn't been hired with her experience. I was forced to take a leave of absence from the University and find a job. I found there seems to me more manual labor jobs than anything else. That's were I got mine. I wish you all the best and hope everything works out.