WTB- Chevy small block Engine parts

R-3

Hey I know there are a couple motor heads in here so I figured I would give it a shot :) I bought a van for tailgating and I need a new carburetor for it. It has a 305 so I was thinking a Edelbrock 600 electric choke carb. If I go that route I would need an Edelbrock intake also. Just thought I would throw it out there. I have searched craigs with not much luck. Thanks

Air gap is not really any taller that the performer. It just has air space under the runners to cool the air fuel mix. You might check the specs to be sure but from what I know they should be very similar. Unless your van is a hot rod, why spend the money on edelbrock parts? Just go with OE or check out summitracing.com and you can get their brand intake and carb for a good price.

Air gap is not really any taller that the performer. It just has air space under the runners to cool the air fuel mix. You might check the specs to be sure but from what I know they should be very similar. Unless your van is a hot rod' date=' why spend the money on edelbrock parts? Just go with OE or check out summitracing.com and you can get their brand intake and carb for a good price.[/quote']

Yeah thats true its not a hot rod. I just figured I could find used parts a lot cheaper than anything OEM. Summit sells carbs??

Just for reference there is a difference between the regular RPM and the Air Gap. The air gap has a higher torque curve based on RPM. I belive the regular RPM's range is like idle to 5,000 and the air gap is like 2,000 to like 5,500 RPM's. Just a guess off the top of my head but it is pretty close.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry, don't wanna divert this thread. But that is one bad FoMoCo. Be really fun to put to put electric cut-outs on it, pull up next to a Honda with a beer can exhaust and rev it.

Literally blow the wing off the Honda!

Wel crap my 460 wont work for you as it has a tunnel ram with dual 660s on it:D Just trying to help you out on the coolness factor. Nothing like a set of carbs inside the van:eek: