College basketball thread

impur

Yah that was a tough win. Talk about some crappy officiating over the weekend. Just really really poor overall both ways.

UW is a bunch of pansies. If they really wanted a game and weren't still fuming over AB taking down Apppleby last year they should have demanded he play. Obviously he was the difference. I hope the Ducks really take it to them at The Pit.

Wazzu got their first loss of the year at home. What a game, Maarty was huge down the stretch and AB wouldn't let them lose again.

UCLA lost to Stanturd last night! Ducks still #1 in the Pac.

Beavs lost to both Washington schools. Still #9 in the Pac.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ducks had a chance to make a statement last night. Fell flat on their asses. I had to check a couple times to see if i was watching a rerun of last years team. Looked eerily familiar last night.

Maarty and Malik have just about disappeared from this team. Luenen has a total of 14 points in the last 3 games, Malik has only been good for 4-5 fouls a game. He doesn't defend, doesn't rebound, doesn't score. 1-2 on this road trip, things might get ugly the rest of the season. This team looked lost last night, at UW, and for most of the game at Wazzu. Lets hope Ernie can right the ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, did we all go thru a time portal to last year? Cuz i've watched reruns of last years games, and the last 6 games in this stretch for the Ducks looks EXACTLY like last year. No fire, can't defend, can't shoot, lazy passes, nobody wanting to step up and do what it takes to win. Its funny, even the headlines in the paper are the same as last year. After each loss they headline what Kent thinks needs work. First its shooting, so they practice shooting all week. They come out and shoot 42%, get lit up for 80pts and 52% FGs and outrebounded. Then its defense, so they practice defending all week and can't shoot worth crap in the game. So they practice shooting all week again, and then the defense is non-existant and they give up 90pts. So then its rebounding! So they out-rebound the other team in the next game, shoot 29%, and get lit up for 80pts.

Ernie Kent is a moron. HEY ERNIE, HOW ABOUT YOU DO THE SAME STUFF IN PRACTICE THAT YOU DID THE FIRST 18 GAMES OF THE SEASON? WHAT AN IDEA!!!!!! THE TEAM WAS WINNING, IT WORKED!!!!! HI MY NAMES EARTH, HAVE WE MET?????

Its like dejavu from the football team meltdown i tell ya.

CHOKE CHOKE CHOKE (laugh) (laugh) (laugh)

Hello NIT!!! Went from a #2 seed in the tourney a month ago to probably the NIT. Way to go Ducks, just like the football team!!! Lost 6 of last 8, still have to play at Stanturd, Wazzu, UW, Beavs at home. Only game i predict the Ducks will be in is the civil war, and even that game i'm giving to the beavs. I don't expect this team to win a single game the rest of the year. Way to fold Ducks! Jeez.

Ernie is gone after this year. Watch. Pathetic.

Ducks got back on track beating both Washington schools. The Wazzu game was real exciting, TP lit them up for 21. Just couldn't miss on 3s

UW game was LOUD! The whole stadium booed Appleby every time he touched the ball. They chanted APPLEBITCH and one dude had a sign that read: [language filter] get Stiches. LOL. AB tried to shake his hand before and after the game, but Appleby snubbed him each time. Appleby had a good first half when TP was guarding him, hit 5 of 6 three pointers and had 17 pts at half. But Kent put Taylor and AB on him for the second half and he didn't score a FG again, only had 4 freethrows on back to back technicals. AB torched the puppies in the second half, finished with 30 for the game.

Back in the tourney boys! Bring on the Beavs!

Anyone else still following this thread? (laugh)

Beavs got toasted by Cal. Man that team sux. How the hell did McGillis make that team? HE IS TERRIBLE!!!! Ryan, you could probably beat him at 1 on 1 (laugh)

Ducks just got done dispatching Zona by 19. Man they played great, TP had 21, AB 16. Next up is winner of fUCLA/Cal.

well soo much for ucla......bring on cal. we match up better with them. If the ducks can pull off a tourney championship then they may end up as a 2 or 3 seed in the west and get to stay in spokane.

beavers arent bad....just young. they are missing some key pieces and need help on the defensive end.

Yah, way to go Pac10 Player of the Year!! 38min, 3pts, 1-7FGs, 1-4FTs, 0reb, 1ast, 5fouls. He really backed that award up, great job Pac10 voting committee!!! Just goes to show, you don't have to actually be the best player in the Pac10, just the stand out guy on the best team in the conf. (laugh) What a joke.

Ducks, time for payback!! Need to roll over Cal. I don't see the Ducks getting any higher than a 5 seed. But it might be enough to keep em in Spokane.

Well, the beavers just broke the school's all-time record for losses in a season. So there really isn't anywhere for them to go but up. I don't see it happening with the guys they have. Cuic only plays 1/3 of the time, the rest he's just out there lofting up 3s and tossing the ball out of bounds. Tarver turns the ball over too much but he is young, and Jones only seems to want to play for a half at a time.

Wow the Ducks are on a roll!! They are playing their best basketball at the perfect time. Taylor was unconscious!!!!! 11/11 FGs, 7/7 threes, 3/3 FT 32pts!!! Unreal. TP dropped in 24 i think and was voted most outstanding player of the tourny, scoring 61pts total in the tourny. Just awesome.

Ducks are a 3 seed in the NCAA field!!! How awesome is that?!?!?!? Playing in Spokane against Miami Ohio :D