College basketball thread

impur

Might as well start it up. I've been to 2 Duck games this year. The last one our freshman point guard (he's 5'6") is amazing!!!! Lightning quick and can hit it from anywhere on the court. Just head over to goducks.com and see the video. 65 footer nothing but net. That was one of his 10 3 pointers, 38 points in all. Freshman record. He might be the spark the Ducks need to get back to the tourney.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i hit up the Ducks VS UC Irvine game friday night. Game was close throughout the first half till about 3 min left and the Ducks went on a run. Ended the half up by 10 and never looked back, won by 43. Champ took the reigns this time going for 25 points with 6 threes. TP did decent, 12 points, 6 boards and 3 assists although he had 3 turnovers. They guarded him real close, there was never a guy more than 2 feet from TP. That freed up Champ and AB to drain 3s all day.

Next up Rice tonight!! Then #8 Georgetown on Wednesday. Now we'll see if the Ducks are better than the past 2 seasons or if they fall into the same rut.

Looks like the Beavs got destroyed by Hawaii 41-85. Don't know what to say there.

Well i just got done watching the UO vs Rice game. Not sure if i should be ecstatic at the 10 point come from behind victory in the last 2 min or be hohum since they shouldn't have had to come back. It shows this team has come a long way, that conditioning just paid off. Last year they lost like 8 games by a total of 13 points. Maybe they got over the hump? AB had a great game, 30pts, 6reb, 7ast and TP hit 3 (would have been 4 except called for traveling on last shot of the game to win) threes in a row to bring em back. What a freshman.

• 2 weeks later...

Ducks just might be for real!! Beat #18 G'town in DC 57-50! WAY TO GO DUCKS!!!! Maarty held Mr. Hibert to 4pts 3reb while collecting 8pts and 8reb for himself. That guy is good, avging 11.2reb a game, very impressive. This team plays some great team defense, reminds me of UW last year. Pressure man to man, deny passes all over the court, steals and fast breaks. AB is really taking this team on his back and proving he is the high profile PG he was recruited to be!

GO DUCKS!! 6-0!

Beavs barely got past N. Colorado and beat Montana St. Looks like Cuic is reinstated after being suspended, they need him. Record stands at 4-3, looks like another long season for Jay John.

• 2 weeks later...

well oregon pulled off another solid win over a quality opponent. nebraska isnt exactly UCLA but better than some pac-10 teams. Leunen did another FANTASTIC defensive job. good outside shooting and tremendous rebounding. up next is Bethune-Cookman. Beavers beat them by 23.:eek: UH-OH! ducks should whup em by about 40!(plotting) LOL.....GO DUCKS!(clap)

Yah that was another impressive showing. I feel sorry for whoever the ducks play when they actually shoot the ball well. They've been winning with defense. Forcing 21 TOs a game! The rest of the OOC schedule is REAL soft, looks like we have a solid chance of being 12-0 going into Pac10 play. And 5 more home games for me to hit up :D

GO DUCKS!!! 7-0

Ducks have Stuckey and E. Washington in town tonight!! We'll see if they can keep him below his avg like Santa Clara did. He's #3 scorer in the country, and the Ducks had a tough time with Allmond of Rice who is #1 scorer, he got 28 on us. But if they can limit what his teammates do, should be able to get the W. He can't do it all by himself.

GO DUCKS!!!