my 2 awesome seahorses

jason7504

Nice seahorses. Thought I would share my two reidi from ORA. Tank raised and had them for almost a year. They are really fun fish to watch. I have a mandarin that eat frozen food in there with them so feeding is no problem. Sorry for the bad picture.

Familypictures011.jpg[/img]

They were pretty small. About three inches. I'm gonna breed them when they become adults. The male is now about 5 inches and the female is catching up quick at about 4.5". They should reach about 6 inches.

Oh, I feed mine live once in a while as a treat and they go back to frozen without a problem. You shouldn't have a problem either.

Just my experience with feeding my seahorses. I feed them mainly mysis and brine with spirulina. My seahorses even ate chunks of krill. I don't use supplements. I may use some when I attempt to breed them. The only down side is they can only go a day without food and the general rule is once a week

They were pretty small. About three inches. I'm gonna breed them when they become adults. The male is now about 5 inches and the female is catching up quick at about 4.5". They should reach about 6 inches.

Oh, I feed mine live once in a while as a treat and they go back to frozen without a problem. You shouldn't have a problem either.

Can you get a clearer shot of the cornet? Maybe a close up profile for me. Sorry to be a pain on the request, I am just curious about something. The snout looks a bit off, but it could just be the angle.

Reidi are my favorite seahorses I have ever owned, mine got over 8" I have seen one over 11". The fry are a pain in the butt, but if I can help let me know. Such a fun species.

IME feeding live once a week, the seahorses went back to frozen without a hitch, pardon the pun. I would feed artemia for my "fasting day".

On the other hand my Reidi never ate frozen and I had to feed them live ghosts every day for 6 years, the joys of WC's. Got expensive.